DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New member from Italy

2civam

Reactions
Hello everybody,

i live and fly in northeastern Italy, halfway between the Dolomites and Venice. All around there are countless historical and naturalistic subjects, but after i bought a Mavic 2, i realized that flying legally not far from something worth photographing isn't easy and requires a lot of desk research.

I tried to get a license ? to fly anywhere ?, anytime ?, any altitude ?, any distance ?, but no one helped me... ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Enjoy your bird, you'll figure out where to fly just keep doing your research. I have family in Trieste
Hello everybody,

i live and fly in northeastern Italy, halfway between the Dolomites and Venice. All around there are countless historical and naturalistic subjects, but after i bought a Mavic 2, i realized that flying legally not far from something worth photographing isn't easy and requires a lot of desk research.

I tried to get a license [emoji120] to fly anywhere [emoji289], anytime [emoji278], any altitude [emoji573], any distance [emoji437], but no one helped me... [emoji1]

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Reactions: Thomas B
Hello everybody,

I tried to get a license ? to fly anywhere ?, anytime ?, any altitude ?, any distance ?, but no one helped me... ?
I'm going to be at Cortina d'Ampezzo in the summer, and planning to take my drone. Any suggestions on areas to go and fly?

Reactions: tino.v
I'm going to be at Cortina d'Ampezzo in the summer, and planning to take my drone. Any suggestions on areas to go and fly?

Hi paul242,

most of the area east, north and west of Cortina d'Ampezzo is included in the "Regional Park of the Ampezzo Dolomites" and it's forbidden to fly drones there. However, there are many spectacular sites where you can do it, for example, from the Giau Pass, or with a short walk from there, from Mount Nuvolao and 5 Torri. You can fly around the Misurina lake, or in the Drei Zinnen area, half an hour by car from Cortina. If you like walking for a few hours you can go around the Croda da Lago and climb, without difficulty, to Lastoni di Formin, and much more...

Around Cortina.jpg

You can find information about the areas where you can fly and altitude limits in this official site:
D-Flight
Registration is free of charge.

Enjoy your bird, you'll figure out where to fly just keep doing your research. I have family in Trieste
Trieste is just 60 miles away, on clear days i can see the hills behind and the Adriatic sea from the mountains near home.

I loved visiting, my aunt leaves there still, my mom grew up there. It's a whole different life style, more laid back. Been there 4 times, wish I could go back. Fly safe my friend.
Trieste is just 60 miles away, on clear days i can see the hills behind and the Adriatic sea from the mountains near home.

Hello.. I'm new to the forum as well but felt compelled to write. I've been in Italy a couple of times and always found myself wandering in the northeast. I guess my favorite place would have to be Bassano del Grappa. Just my kind of town.
Good luck... Happy flying.

Hi paul242,

most of the area east, north and west of Cortina d'Ampezzo is included in the "Regional Park of the Ampezzo Dolomites" and it's forbidden to fly drones there. However, there are many spectacular sites where you can do it, for example, from the Giau Pass, or with a short walk from there, from Mount Nuvolao and 5 Torri. You can fly around the Misurina lake, or in the Drei Zinnen area, half an hour by car from Cortina. If you like walking for a few hours you can go around the Croda da Lago and climb, without difficulty, to Lastoni di Formin, and much more...

View attachment 92338

You can find information about the areas where you can fly and altitude limits in this official site:
D-Flight
Registration is free of charge.
Thank you for the detailed information.

Hello.. I'm new to the forum as well but felt compelled to write. I've been in Italy a couple of times and always found myself wandering in the northeast. I guess my favorite place would have to be Bassano del Grappa. Just my kind of town.
Good luck... Happy flying.
Hello AirScooter, thank you for your kind words, hope you will come back to Italy again. Good luck and happy flights to you too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty