DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Member from Kansas

evidica

Reactions
I bought a Mavic 2 Pro a couple weeks ago and am currently studying for the FAA Part 107 in hopes to eventually make some money on aerial photography. For now I'm just focusing on hobby flying and photography while I get more comfortable with flying. This is my first drone but I used to fly RC helicopters so the flying aspect is nothing new to me. I hope I can learn a lot from the forums and hopefully contribute as well!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: evidica
I bought a Mavic Pro 2 a couple weeks ago and am currently studying for the FAA Part 107 in hopes to eventually make some money on aerial photography. For now I'm just focusing on hobby flying and photography while I get more comfortable with flying. This is my first drone but I used to fly RC helicopters so the flying aspect is nothing new to me. I hope I can learn a lot from the forums and hopefully contribute as well!
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic 2 Pro, I love mine. Good luck on your certification, Fly safe and have fun!

I bought a Mavic 2 Pro a couple weeks ago and am currently studying for the FAA Part 107 in hopes to eventually make some money on aerial photography. For now I'm just focusing on hobby flying and photography while I get more comfortable with flying. This is my first drone but I used to fly RC helicopters so the flying aspect is nothing new to me. I hope I can learn a lot from the forums and hopefully contribute as well!
Welcome to the forum. I passed the 107 test about 6 weeks ago. It isn't too difficult. You'll get a source book with a sample legend that contains a lot of information if you get stuck. Also, if you knew everything in the following guide, you'd pass for sure. There are tons of other resources out there but this one is free and covers almost everything.

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_pol...s/aviation/media/remote_pilot_study_guide.pdf

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Do you recall anything that wasn't covered in that study guide?
No. Not really.

Some of the questions are based on getting information from an actual chart. So in that sense, the ability to look at an actual site and interpret the symbols isn't really covered in the guide even though the guide tells you what to look for. Using latitude and longitude and interpreting location is discussed in the guide but actually putting it into practice is a slightly different concept. Those types of skills are better gained by working with someone who has experience.

However, I'm sure I remember 95% of the 60 questions. Of those questions, all of them were addressed to some extent in the guide. I'd be willing to wager that if you knew absolutely nothing other than what was in the guide, you'd at least get an 85%. A 70% is required to pass.

Reactions: evidica and msinger
Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones

Welcome, also from (south central) Kansas!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smorse