DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Member from Ohio

Welcome. Hurray for you and what you're doing for these wonderful but mistreated animals! Great use of the drone. As you get more comfortable flying it, by all means, make a video all about your rescue efforts, post it on as many social media sites as you can. If you need monetary donations, ask in your video, If you just want loving people to adopt, put that in there, or both. If you've never produced a video before, check with the largest video production companies closest to you. In Columbus, OH, that's Mills James Productions. Tell them what you're doing and that it's for the good of the dogs and they'll be happy to give you free advice, maybe even point you to some video pro's that could help you with your project, gratis. I'd gladly do it if I still lived in Ohio but now I'm in Texas. Good luck!

. . . I need to log some more flight hours and get my intuition levels up on the controls before I'll be trying this one. I'm sure more than a few of them will love it.

That makes perfect sense. You do want a level of skill and intuition before flying with dogs.

But once you have that, a cool side effect of playing "drone" with dogs is that it's also great skill-builder for the human. A three-battery session with the dogs puts me through hundreds of tight maneuvers that would be boring to practice on their own. And you can add difficult moves (i.e coordinating both sticks at once, with one or both sticks pushed diagonally for two-axis control). The dogs will be having fun while you improve as a pilot. Everybody wins!

With the two dogs I play drone with, the bigger dog took to chasing the drone first, while the little dog seemed initially to go along mostly to chase the big dog. But by and by, the little dog seemed to get the idea of the game, and is now fully invested in chasing the drone. Each dog has different strengths in drone chasing, and I switch the way I fly every couple of minutes, alternating so that each dog has times when her own style excels.

With your pack, I can envision some dogs learning from others, and a lot of variety in drone chasing styles. Your experience in playing drone with them may be particularly rich.

Hope you will let us know how it goes.

Oh, and if you do ever find any of the creeps who've abused these dogs, count me in for a contribution to your bail.

--Jub

PS--Howdy back at you mrjohnc1. (We've by now conversed offline. :) )

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi there, Just an introduction as suggested.

I'm new to drones, complete rookie. My friends got me the MM2 after they'd heard me suggesting getting one. I have 400 acres out here and unfortunately in the middle of nowhere dog fight rings abandon dogs on my property all the time. I take them in, foster them and try and find them homes (not a business, just a dog lover. There's no money changing hands.) My having the MM2 is an easier way to check the property than constant scouting.

After a few flights, I'm hooked and Santa also brought me the MA2. I'm a photographer by hobby and this is totally a new area for me. MM2 for the dogs and home. MA2 for off property and my artistic endeavors.

No mistake though, I am a rookie at ALL of this. I'll put my knowledge level at 2 out of 10 (I'm giving myself a couple points for having successful flights and not running into anything) so I'll probably have more questions than contributions. Have patience with me while I learn my way around here.

Thanks - Daniel (Sayen_CroWolf)
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mini 2, Fly safe and have fun!

That makes perfect sense. You do want a level of skill and intuition before flying with dogs.

But once you have that, a cool side effect of playing "drone" with dogs is that it's also great skill-builder for the human. A three-battery session with the dogs puts me through hundreds of tight maneuvers that would be boring to practice on their own. And you can add difficult moves (i.e coordinating both sticks at once, with one or both sticks pushed diagonally for two-axis control). The dogs will be having fun while you improve as a pilot. Everybody wins!

With the two dogs I play drone with, the bigger dog took to chasing the drone first, while the little dog seemed initially to go along mostly to chase the big dog. But by and by, the little dog seemed to get the idea of the game, and is now fully invested in chasing the drone. Each dog has different strengths in drone chasing, and I switch the way I fly every couple of minutes, alternating so that each dog has times when her own style excels.

With your pack, I can envision some dogs learning from others, and a lot of variety in drone chasing styles. Your experience in playing drone with them may be particularly rich.

Hope you will let us know how it goes.

Oh, and if you do ever find any of the creeps who've abused these dogs, count me in for a contribution to your bail.

--Jub

PS--Howdy back at you mrjohnc1. (We've by now conversed offline. :) )
That sounds like just the plan. I do need to gets things a lot more intuitive when it comes to my brain, my fingers and the sticks so that translates into practice, practice, practice. The weather has been total crap the last few days so the only time I can get is inside the barn/riding stable. I'd much prefer the outdoors.

Today is supposed to be clear for a little then five more days of rain/snow/slop so it's today or nothing. Wanna do a property sweep of the exterior and work on my skills around the wooded perimeter. I have a hard tree line so I want to get some more time and skill getting to it, then up and over back to the cabin. The dogs all find it terribly interesting that Daddy has a big mosquito flying around him lol.

Ps: I do have cameras around the property exterior and the common dump sites. I get their license numbers, I turn them into the sheriff because it's too tempting to greet them with a baseball bat and one of the dogs who attacks on command (he's a retired K9)

I'm new to drones, complete rookie. My friends got me the MM2 after they'd heard me suggesting getting one. I have 400 acres out here and unfortunately in the middle of nowhere dog fight rings abandon dogs on my property all the time. I take them in, foster them and try and find them homes (not a business, just a dog lover. There's no money changing hands.) My having the MM2 is an easier way to check the property than constant scouting.

After a few flights, I'm hooked and Santa also brought me the MA2. I'm a photographer by hobby and this is totally a new area for me. MM2 for the dogs and home. MA2 for off property and my artistic endeavors.

No mistake though, I am a rookie at ALL of this. I'll put my knowledge level at 2 out of 10 (I'm giving myself a couple points for having successful flights and not running into anything) so I'll probably have more questions than contributions. Have patience with me while I learn my way around here.

Hey Daniel, I'm in the NE Ohio area myself and fly quite regularly. Drop me a line sometime and maybe we can have a fly in. I have several drones to mess with and plenty of batteries. Keep flyin buddy!

Hey Daniel, I'm in the NE Ohio area myself and fly quite regularly. Drop me a line sometime and maybe we can have a fly in. I have several drones to mess with and plenty of batteries. Keep flyin buddy!
Sounds like a good plan. Right now if I go off my property I'm looking for places in/around Cleveland to fly but I see a lot of nofly zones. Brookside Park next to the zoo is green lit and been there a couple of times. Most of the park police leave me alone but there was one guy - jeez. He knew less about drone and city restrictions than I do (and that's saying something) and tried to tell me Cleveland regs (I have them linked on my phone), Ditto for the park. I was nowhere near anyone, on the upper football field away from virtually everything and he decided to make his bad day all my fault.

So, any suggestions you have on where is always appreciated.

Sounds like a good plan. Right now if I go off my property I'm looking for places in/around Cleveland to fly but I see a lot of nofly zones. Brookside Park next to the zoo is green lit and been there a couple of times. Most of the park police leave me alone but there was one guy - jeez. He knew less about drone and city restrictions than I do (and that's saying something) and tried to tell me Cleveland regs (I have them linked on my phone), Ditto for the park. I was nowhere near anyone, on the upper football field away from virtually everything and he decided to make his bad day all my fault.

So, any suggestions you have on where is always appreciated.
Hey Wolf, @Cymruflyer and myself made it over to Lakewood park this afternoon for a quick fly in. Beautiful spot, wide open with the lake to our advantage, and perfectly legal Class G airspace.
Today marked the official start of our Ohio Drone Buddies group I guess, lol. It was great and we can't wait to get out to fly again. C'mon over to the chat and lets plan the next meet.

I'm new to drones, complete rookie. My friends got me the MM2 after they'd heard me suggesting getting one. I have 400 acres out here and unfortunately in the middle of nowhere dog fight rings abandon dogs on my property all the time. I take
It makes it so much easier to check the cattle and make sure there are no intruders.

Welcome to the DJI family
That would break my hart to know that my Property was being used for Dog Slavery in the ring.

I hope the goal is to get some Pictures of License Plates and get some heat on ring leaders.

I just found out that in the UK they have a Search and Rescue for Dogs I wonder if you could start something like that up and get some other drone pilots to stir the pot some. I am so sorry for you. .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 In the Pouring rain and Land on Water.

Welcome to the forum from sunny New Zealand. Happy flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851