DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New member from upstate NY (the REAL upstate)

Welcome to the forum :)

THANKS! Yes, I printed it off and read it a couple of times while I was waiting for my drone to arrive. I truly appreciate your sending me this link, however. BTW, I DO have a question...I see that many people her have really cool user names. How can I change my user name, once I think of something more catchy. LOL THanks

You PM an Admin and ask to have it changed. We can make it happen for you.

Welcome from upstate N.Y. please fell free to let us know were the real upstate is I'm curious to know myself

In general, "not Canada but you can see it from there" ?

In practice though, there is always somebody upstate who will claim "upstate" is only xxx where anyplace else isn't. I'm from Utica, and while most would agree that is Upstate, it does fail the "see Canada" test. And besides, everyone knows only Plattsburgh is upstate LOL! ;)

Reactions: GGehret
Upstate down state it's all high taxes and I always said upstate because if you say N.Y. they say N.Y. city or when I lived in Phoenix they would say Phoenix Arizona no Phoenix N.Y.

In general, "not Canada but you can see it from there" ?

In practice though, there is always somebody upstate who will claim "upstate" is only xxx where anyplace else isn't. I'm from Utica, and while most would agree that is Upstate, it does fail the "see Canada" test. And besides, everyone knows only Plattsburgh is upstate LOL! ;)
LOL...I'd consider Utica central NY...at least that's what everyone says up this way. I TRULY am from upstate NY, however. My cellphone kicks into Canada towers when I go to work! LOL

Reactions: Splue and Kupe
Upstate down state it's all high taxes and I always said upstate because if you say N.Y. they say N.Y. city or when I lived in Phoenix they would say Phoenix Arizona no Phoenix N.Y.
Exactly....so many people think ANY PLACE north of NYC is upstate NY, but that's really NOT the case. So that's why I said "the real upstate NY.) LOL

Reactions: Rattydude77
Welcome to the forum from beautiful downtown Mentone, Alabama!

Thanks. I lived in Alabama for 1 year back in the 1980's...near Gadsen. Very HOT down there this time of year. :)
Mentone is about 50 miles north of Gadsden. We've been down there a bunch, Top of the River is our favorite place to go eat.

Mentone is about 50 miles north of Gadsden. We've been down there a bunch, Top of the River is our favorite place to go eat.
Northern Alabama is very pretty. I bet you've got a lot of nice places to fly.

Welcome, the new laws are a bit more liberal regarding no fly zones. They seem to be good for us recreational users at least for the moment.

Welcome, the new laws are a bit more liberal regarding no fly zones. They seem to be good for us recreational users at least for the moment.
Where can I read about the new laws? Are you meaning the changed that are supposed to come out this summer?

Where can I read about the new laws?
Check out this thread:

Check out this thread:
Thanks. I've already done the things you first listed and will check out the link. I've probably already read it, but I"ll check it again in case there is something new that's been added since I read it.

Hello all,
I am happy to say that I am a new Mavic 2 Pro owner--my first drone ever, but NOT new to photography. I am enjoying my flying experience w/ this drone so much! I have been reading the posts on this forum for about 2 weeks now, and I am very glad to know that this source of info. exists!! I look forward to interacting w/ all of you. Happy flying everyone!
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your Mavic 2 Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor