DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New member greetings from the PNW

Greetings to everyone. I just started my drone photography/videography company and am trying to absorb as much as possible in the world of drone operations, business operations, video and photo editing, and the list goes on. Happened upon your forum and have already taken some great advice in regards to video editing. I was using Openshot, but have just downloaded DaVinci and will be watching the recommended Youtube tutorials.
I currently own a Mavic Mini and a Mavic Air 2S.
Many thanks and I look forward to learning so much more. And who knows, maybe I can help others as well.

Brad
Welcome to the forum, very good luck starting your business, keep reading here as lots of good advise, cheers From Len in South Wales U.K.

Hello from Minnesota and welcome to the Forum....There's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. Just ask, and the experts are great on providing good sound advice for you to apply and use... Remember to always Fly safely and fly smartly representing all of us drone hobbyist well.

Greetings to everyone. I just started my drone photography/videography company and am trying to absorb as much as possible in the world of drone operations, business operations, video and photo editing, and the list goes on. Happened upon your forum and have already taken some great advice in regards to video editing. I was using Openshot, but have just downloaded DaVinci and will be watching the recommended Youtube tutorials.
Many thanks and I look forward to learning so much more. And who knows, maybe I can help others as well.

Brad
Welcome from Detroit.

Brad
We.come Brad. Where in the PNW are you? I’m in Dallas Oregon & like you, I’ve just launched my drone photography & videography business.

Reactions: SeaPig and MA2 317
Well met, and congratulations on your new business. I am in the northwest area an service the counties of Whatcom, Skagit, Island and Snohomish. I try to stay out of Seattle and areas south due to the congestion. Right now I am just trying to find businesses that will allow me to perform pro-bono work so I can establish networks and business relationships. Feel free to IM me so we can share our experiences and challenges as we move forward on our ventures.
I also just joined the Commercial Drone Pilots forum which looks to be a great resource.
Brad

Reactions: SeaPig
…Right now I am just trying to find businesses that will allow me to perform pro-bono work so I can establish networks and business relationships…
Unsolicited advice: A business that can get work for free may never value it. Pro bono is a concept best applied to nonprofits and individuals genuinely in need.

In my opinion there is no volunteer or pro bono work for commercial clients, and communicating to potential clients that they don’t even need to pay minimum wage will damage your prospects, and may damage other providers as well.

On the other hand, you do need to build a portfolio, to demonstrate that you have the skills needed by a client. Volunteer work for genuine nonprofits and community organizations is a great way to build skills, develop a portfolio, build relationships, and support causes you believe in.

Welcome from Oregon, ( somewhere between Carlton and Forest Grove ;-)

Welcome from Oregon, ( somewhere between Carlton and Forest Grove ;-)
Very interesting. My first squadron in Cubi Point, RP had 3 CH-53E's. They didn't log too many hours as maintaining them that far from the US in the 1980's was logistically difficult. I also worked in the MH-53E minesweeping community for 8 years at 2 other duty stations stateside while in the Navy, but didn't work on the aircraft. I worked I-level maintenance on the towed sonar equipment.

Unsolicited advice: A business that can get work for free may never value it. Pro bono is a concept best applied to nonprofits and individuals genuinely in need.

In my opinion there is no volunteer or pro bono work for commercial clients, and communicating to potential clients that they don’t even need to pay minimum wage will damage your prospects, and may damage other providers as well.

On the other hand, you do need to build a portfolio, to demonstrate that you have the skills needed by a client. Volunteer work for genuine nonprofits and community organizations is a great way to build skills, develop a portfolio, build relationships, and support causes you believe in.
Unsolicited, perhaps, but you also provided a solution which is rare in the world of unsolicited advice, so for that I thank you. I had heard mention of this being an avenue for building a portfolio and I will certainly explore that more.

Reactions: SeaPig and @Rip
Very interesting. My first squadron in Cubi Point, RP had 3 CH-53E's. They didn't log too many hours as maintaining them that far from the US in the 1980's was logistically difficult. I also worked in the MH-53E minesweeping community for 8 years at 2 other duty stations stateside while in the Navy, but didn't work on the aircraft. I worked I-level maintenance on the towed sonar equipment.
They are beast for sure, they are still flying with upgraded everything ( engines, transmission, rotor heads, blades, etc. It's stuck in my head but I think we were told they were 13 million a piece back in '84. Prices have gone up since then...

They are beast for sure, they are still flying with upgraded everything ( engines, transmission, rotor heads, blades, etc. It's stuck in my head but I think we were told they were 13 million a piece back in '84. Prices have gone up since then...
Beasts to be sure. Few realize just how massive they are until they have one fly, or worse, hover over them, lol. Three engines, 7 blades...massive.

Brad
Welcome to the forum!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242