DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New member here on The Crystal Coast.

I watched a how to video on the Airmap authorization process and when I go to choose which drone the one I plan on getting is not listed (DJI Mini 3).

Any ideas?

Thanks

I watched a how to video on the Airmap authorization process and when I go to choose which drone the one I plan on getting is not listed (DJI Mini 3).

Any ideas?

Thanks
Confirmed on the Airmap app. What drone I’m flying doesn’t appear in the authorization received, it may be that the aircraft type info doesn’t go anywhere. If you have a fleet it would help with your record keeping.

I would plug in Mini 2 as the drone type.

Below is a sample pt 107 clearance I received last month. Though I was in a 400’ section, I requested 350’.

[ARM2YP95IZF0 / PDX, 08 Feb 23 18:00 UTC - 08 Feb 23 23:00 UTC, Max Alt 350ft]: In accordance with Title 14 CFR Part 107.41, your operation is authorized within the designated airspace and timeframe constraints. Altitude limits are absolute values above ground level which shall not be added to the height of any structures. This Authorization is subject to cancellation at any time upon notice by the FAA Administrator or his/her authorized representative. This Authorization does not constitute a waiver of any State law or local ordinance. (My name) is the person designated as responsible for the overall safety of UAS operations under this Authorization. During UAS operations for on-site communication/recall, (my name) shall be continuously available for direct contact at (my number) by Air Traffic. Remote pilots are responsible to check the airspace they are operating in and comply with all restrictions that may be present in accordance with 14 CFR 107.45 and 107.49 (a)(2), such as restricted and Prohibited Airspace, Temporary Flight Restrictions, etc. Remote pilots are also responsible for complying with the operating requirements in 14 CFR 107.29(a) when operating at night. Operations are not authorized in Class E airspace when there is a weather ceiling less than 1,000 feet AGL. If the UAS loses communications or loses its GPS signal, it must return to a predetermined location within the operating area and land. The remote pilot in command must abort the flight in the event of unpredicted obstacles or emergencies.

Reactions: By-tor
Thank you for sharing...

I did notice in the software you can set a max altitude to make sure you don't fly higher than you should..

Mark

I went ahead and order a drone this morning. Picked up the Mini 3 Pro with the RC controller..

Thanks for all the help everyone.

HI Mark; Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
FLY SAFE & FLY SMART ALSO FLY LEGALLY.

Hello from Minnesota and welcome to the Forum....There's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. Just ask, and the experts are great on providing good sound advice for you to apply and use... Remember to always Fly safely and fly smartly representing all of us drone hobbyist well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_