DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mini 2 DOA :(

Matto1981

Reactions
Just got back from Bestbuy with my new Mini 2 and its DOA. This is my 5th DJI drone and ive never had any issues till now. First it won't activate, error code 1112 and 2nd the gimble does not work. It's jammed to left and can't calibrate. Just keeps bouncing to the right.

I will say the mini 2 is more solid then the mini. Doesn't feel as cheap. They did away with those foam covers on the legs which is nice.

Edit: Gimble is fine, just gave it a gentle tug and it unlocked. Still won't activate though and I hear 1112 means an exchange or return.

Gonna exchange it at bestbuy tomorrow.

Last edited:
Well gratulation’s yours is the first issue I’ve seen so far ?
Hopefully your next one will be a gem . ?

Reactions: zeusfl
First issue! Yesss lol. 1112 is some sort of serial number mismatch with the DJI servers. Seems a lot of Air 2's suffered from this problem and the only solution is a return to DJI or place of purchase.

I went ahead and ordered another one via store pick up from another store because the one I got this mini 2 from is sold out already. Im afraid if I tried to do an exchange they wouldn't have anymore stock. So I'll return this mini 2 as a defective unit and grab the other one after.

Reactions: dirkclod
Just got back from Bestbuy with my new Mini 2 and its DOA. This is my 5th DJI drone and ive never had any issues till now. First it won't activate, error code 1112 and 2nd the gimble does not work. It's jammed to left and can't calibrate. Just keeps bouncing to the right.

I will say the mini 2 is more solid then the mini. Doesn't feel as cheap. They did away with those foam covers on the legs which is nice.

Edit: Gimble is fine, just gave it a gentle tug and it unlocked. Still won't activate though and I hear 1112 means an exchange or return.

I had an error 112 last night activation prohibited. I tried again this morning and it activated just fine.

I think DJI slaves are slacking on getting those serial numbers in on the servers.

Reactions: hiflyer201

Feel sorry to read that... I always wait couple of months for every new launch till all Errors and Bugs are fixed, then go for a purchase. Hopefully replacement will works fine.

My Mini 2 had the same problem like yours. The exact same thing. I pulled the gimbal forward a bit and it aligned it in place. That was my solution to that. The gimbal and camera works as it should.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre