DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mini New Problems!

easyheimer

Reactions
Just bought a new Mavic Mini about a week ago and took it out to fly for the first time yesterday. I don’t know what the issue is but the signal is TERRIBLE. It’s super laggy and I get a signal warning every 30 feet or so and it’ll freeze and then lose connection to the aircraft. I have another Mini and that one has no signal issues and neither does my Air. I made sure to update the firmware on both the aircraft and controller and everything is current. The antennas were facing the aircraft so that was not an issue either.

Has anyone else had this issue before? I’d hate to have to send it to DJI as it’s literally brand new and I already put DJI Care Refresh on it so I don’t think I can replace it through Verizon where I purchased it from. Anyone have any suggestions?

It certainly sounds like a hardware issue, antennas are defected / not functioning on the aircraft properly.
Did you / have you got the 2nd mini controller you can try with the new aircraft ?
I would do that if possible first, maybe you can isolate the problem to the new controller or aircraft side of things.
Not sure if a flight log would show up the issue ?
Maybe find the txt and dat files if you can and post up ?
Good luck, but it sounds like a defect in one of the components, so can’t see why you can’t return to the seller and get and exchange or refund.

Try another cable.
I know but I try the weakest links first.

Reactions: Thomas B
Just bought a new Mavic Mini about a week ago and took it out to fly for the first time yesterday. I don’t know what the issue is but the signal is TERRIBLE. It’s super laggy and I get a signal warning every 30 feet or so and it’ll freeze and then lose connection to the aircraft. I have another Mini and that one has no signal issues and neither does my Air. I made sure to update the firmware on both the aircraft and controller and everything is current. The antennas were facing the aircraft so that was not an issue either.

Has anyone else had this issue before? I’d hate to have to send it to DJI as it’s literally brand new and I already put DJI Care Refresh on it so I don’t think I can replace it through Verizon where I purchased it from. Anyone have any suggestions?
Try Verizon they are the store and should replace a defective product they sold.

Reactions: WooZie
My preference would be to go through Verizon. I just don‘t know how DJI would handle the Care Refresh as it’s binded to this current aircraft. Maybe I’ll reach out to them tomorrow to see.

How close are you to large metal like building roofing....? Tin roofs on the school buildings where I fly for skill-building whing mine unless I stay well back

Reactions: easyheimer
How close are you to large metal like building roofing....? Tin roofs on the school buildings where I fly for skill-building whing mine unless I stay well back

No metal roofs or anything around me. Again, I’ve flown in the same spot with my other Mini and Air without any issues.

Thanks though!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne