DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mount for Insta360 causes aircraft to vibrate

BarrySDCA

Reactions
I tried the new mount for the insta360 camera today. This one hangs down below the aircraft. Amazon.com: Insho Foldable 360-degree Rotatable Camera Holder Mount Bracket for DJI Mavic Pro Drone: Toys & Games

I hand launched it and that went fine. But I had to bring it back because the aircraft seemed to be vibrating. I didn't feel it was safe to fly. I was using Litchi and did turn off the downward sensors.

360 Camera video is here:

Can anyone offer some advice to help me get this working please?

thank you much

I tried the new mount for the insta360 camera today. This one hangs down below the aircraft. Amazon.com: Insho Foldable 360-degree Rotatable Camera Holder Mount Bracket for DJI Mavic Pro Drone: Toys & Games

I hand launched it and that went fine. But I had to bring it back because the aircraft seemed to be vibrating. I didn't feel it was safe to fly. I was using Litchi and did turn off the downward sensors.

360 Camera video is here:

Can anyone offer some advice to help me get this working please?

thank you much
I is it secure on there? Like rock solid secure? That long arm I thin I would give it lots of leverage to bounce around.

If it’s really secure turn all your gains up to 110.

I is it secure on there? Like rock solid secure? That long arm I thin I would give it lots of leverage to bounce around.

If it’s really secure turn all your gains up to 110.

It was pretty stiff. should it be? I'm thinking of making the arm smaller, I can remove the center part should shrink it by about 2 inches. not sure what else to try

how would turning gains up help?

thank you!

Use a short arm. A long arm gives to much pendulum leverage on the drone.
I built one which is a 80mm carbon tube. Glued a square plate on on one end and velcroed it to the battery. Other end has a standard thread glued in.
Takes a bit of testing to find the best fore and aft centre of gravity location for stable flight.

I use an Air with Insta360 OneX.

Here, at the bottom is a test flight:

Last edited:
Btw. If you follow along my suggestion above, use a Zip tie around the baseplate and drone body for safety.

The Air is very easy to catch carefully by hand from below when it hovers (unless you are on a pitching and rolling boat deck, that is).
At least when the downward sensors are switched off its simple. Usually I fly without them.
Once you get hold of her just turn her quickly on its back and the props switch off immediately.
The CoG of camera and strut should be roughly 30mm behind the forward end of the battery pack.

hi Barry did you find a solution? I have the same issue - using an arm from AliExpress that has the top of the One x2 about 10cm below the Air 2s. TERRIBLE SHUDDERING! Is the camera simply too heavy? I've seen Mavic Pros carry these cameras with great results
Lady Rover - your footage isnt there any more so I can't see how you managed it - but am not great at DIY so would worry if flying something I had made myself!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS