DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Owner of a Used Mavic Pro in California, USA

What kind of info do you need? I cannot imagine anything you couldn't find here... Still, if I can help, or at least point you to the solution, no problem.

Edit:

I don't know if you had a chance to get the Manual or not, but here is a link to it, it should cover all the basic info:

For anything else, you can start a new thread and ask what you need, I'm sure there are many who will be happy to help.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

What kind of info do you need? I cannot imagine anything you couldn't find here... Still, if I can help, or at least point you to the solution, no problem.

Edit:

I don't know if you had a chance to get the Manual or not, but here is a link to it, it should cover all the basic info:

For anything else, you can start a new thread and ask what you need, I'm sure there are many who will be happy to help.

Okay. Thanks.

Yes, I found the manuals, "in the box," videos, etc.

The guy before me used an Apple phone and I'm an Android guy so i was having some connection issues. Got through that hurdle, now updating apps and firmware. Just trying to make all the pieces connect and talk to each other, etc.

Not really a techie but looking forward to some fun and good videos from my "find."

Thanks.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi ScarlettWelcome to Mavic Pilots.
New flyer advice.
Wide open space.
Slow & easy
Power-lines & trees are evil.
Don't forget to read the manual ;)
Download Mavic Pro manual HERE
What he said! You might add wait for the air to clean up a bit. Don't be tempted to fly inside. Where in the former Sunny California do you reside?

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Scarlett.

A few apps worth having is UAV FORECAST, WINDY.COM and AIRMAP. available free in the App store.

UAV FORECAST has parameters to check the wind forecast for the day.

WINDY.COM provides a nice graphic of wind overlaying a map so you can see which way to fly.

I tend to fly into the wind so that I can have a tail wind at the end of the flight when the battery is low.

AIRMAP will show where you can fly safely.

Please check local ordinances on drone flights from property such as parks.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
All good suggestions, have another one for you. A National Drone School course I bought on Groupon for $5.00 bucks. When your done, you will have viewed all the videos necessary to have a basic, plus back ground about drones. Plus, after complication of the course you get a certificate of completion. Teaches you about controlling, maneuvering, and FAA Rules and Regulations and qualify you for recreational UAV Flight. One of the many questions asked is "What is the most important thing to do before you hit the RTH feature?" Also, don't spend more then $10.00 bucks for the Drone School. Oh, please read your manual about RTH, Understand how it works, especially if you fly beyond VLOS. The RTH feature is one of the most complex features of ba DJI drone. There are many possible scenarios that could occur when RTH is initiated. CAREFULLY review the RTH section of you DJI manual so you understand what to expect. Give you a example of what not to do. A pilot was on a boat, his boat was anchored on a river. He took off from the bow of his boat, home point was set. He flew his drone down river, and wanted ton keep VLOS,
so he raised anchor and followed it down the river. All, of sudden he got a low battery warning, he was not worried, because he set a low battery RTH. Low battery RTH is a different scenario, when the Mavic detects it only has enough power to make it back to home point. Low battery RTH will be initiated and a message will be displayed on the screen in DJI go to alert you that your Mavic is going to auto RTH in (10 seconds).
If the pilot does not cancel procedure from the screen, in DJI go app, the drone starts returning to home point. Pilot did not know what to do to cancel the auto RTH, and watched his drone fly over his head back to where he initiated the home point. And, watched his drone sink into the river, never to been seen again. I like to share experience because it was preventable. .So, fly safe, keep your drone safe.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee