DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot check in.

Thanks for the welcome. Being new to the Mini 3 Pro I thought I would familiarize myself with all the info that came with the drone. The tutorials seemed like a good start. I watched the first one then found all the rest were in Chinese? Contacted DJI and was told that’s all there is. Having to learn Chinese as well is too much ! Very strange

I’ve been reading a lot of good advice here and thank all. I just got my latest drone a DJI Mini 3 Pro. I have 7 of other cheaper ones ( you know, the ones you have to chase after ). I winter in the SW U.S. and summer in Ontario Canada. Looking forward to fly a great drone.
I have an issue already. I need some help.
when first setting up my DJI Mini 3 pro I think I set it up in beginner mode as I’m limited to 400 ft elevation. I have been trying for hours to get the drone out of beginner mode. I have searched different threads here, looked on utube and searched online for an answer with no luck. I have even reset the drone and still no luck. I’m in Costa Rica with a mountain in front of me that is higher than the drone will go so I can’t get to see over it. Anyone with some help ? Thanks,

I think I set it up in beginner mode as I’m limited to 400 ft elevation.

with a mountain in front of me that is higher than the drone will go so I can’t get to see over it.

I don't have a mini aircraft but the setting in the FLY app may be similar.

Under the SAFETY tab, there is a setting for maximum height.

Crank that up to the maximum value and you might make it over the top.

iMarkup_20230330_180555.jpgûiMarkup_20230330_180725.jpg

Last edited:
I tried that but it still limits me to 400ft. I may be wrong but before I set things up as a beginner, I’m sure I saw a setting a lot higher.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Welcome to the forum! :)

The tutorials seemed like a good start. I watched the first one then found all the rest were in Chinese? Contacted DJI and was told that’s all there is. Having to learn Chinese as well is too much ! Very strange
IF you log onto Pilot Institute's courses, you will find a 1-1/2 hour Deep Dive video on the Mini 3 and you don't need to learn Chinese... This course is Free...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82