DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot from Bournemouth UK

AprilCoon

Reactions
Hi Everyone
I just got my Mavic Pro, I'm charging everything up. Batteries get charge quite fast but transmitter seems to be taking ages.
I'l go to a nice open space to fly it for the first time, what is the Beginner mode, how does it work?
Thanks, that's all for now.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy that new Mavic Pro. Beginner mode just limits your distance height and speed, keep it on till you feel comfortable. Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

what is the Beginner mode
When enabled, it limits the Mavic's speed, distance (30 meters max), and doesn't allow the motors to be started until it has a acquired a good GPS connection.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO/PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0-.pdf
*MAVIC AIR MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/20180213/Mavic Air User Manual_v1.2.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual
Hi

Thanks for your welcome, there seem to be quite strict reulations here in the UK with respect to flying drones, not allowed to fly over 400ft or over residential areas etc. So I have downloaded an app produced by the Air Traffic Control body, it is good as it shows all restricted areas, commercial airports and miltary etc.

Thanks for the links, I had already downloaded the Mavic Pro Manual pdf, but not the DJI GO 4 manual, I copied the manual from the page and created a pdf file from it so I can keep it on my computer and print it out, it only comes to 3 pages.

I flew the Mavic in the back garden just make sure every thing is working fine, only went up to about 20ft though, it picked up obstacles ok and landed ok, so ready to out for my first real flight.

Once again thanks for the welcome.
Take care
Phil

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Thanks for the welcome and I won't be shy, might be a bit dumb now and then though.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi Everyone
I just got my Mavic Pro, I'm charging everything up. Batteries get charge quite fast but transmitter seems to be taking ages.
I'l go to a nice open space to fly it for the first time, what is the Beginner mode, how does it work?
Howdy from Wyoming @AprilCoon , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hello and welcome from Ontario Canada to Mavic Pilots!
And enjoy your stay here, there is a wealth of information to be had so take your time and look around and enjoy reading all the great stuff you can do with your Mavic, :) Feel free to ask any questions you may have and remember the search tool is a great resource to see who may have had a similar issue or may offer a great tip.
Enjoy your day and happy flying :)

Hi Everyone

Just make sure you have it in beginner mode and before you go, out in the garden - TAKE THE PROPS OFF, won't go anywhere that way, be sure to calibrate the compass, IMU and let it update the firmware - this can take a while, might take up to an hour. Good YT video for this is to be found on Ed Rickers YT channel, then make sure to have it in beginner mode, trust me, that'll do you for the moment and don't rush out of beginner mode as you need to set your maximum altitude - legal is 120m, I set mine at a 115, and I currently limit my range to 1000 m - and thats more than far enough. Be sure to have the NATS drone assist app to locate no fly zones - and use it, every time because last weekend, much to my surprise, my area had a huge circle around it - just a warning that for a few hours Saturday the entire area had potential to be declared a no fly zone for air shows and low level fly pasts. Also, before you go out of Beginner mode for the first time you will want to be absolutely certain to advise it of its new home point, and set an appropriate RTH altitude to get over trees or whatever obstacles might be around. Also, DJI have a decent, very thorough pre flight check list app that is also worth downloading. After that, for tutorials my recommendations are on YT, 51 Drones, Ian in London - he has a camera setting video that also covers controls settings like yaw, make notes and follow that word for word and that'll do wonders. And I personally also like Ikopter to name my favourites.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azod.nem