DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot from TN

Thank you sir! I hope to become a productive, helpful member of this community. As I stated before, my drone knowledge is minimal at this point, but I'm willing and eager to learn and share.

Reactions: dirkclod
For what its worth, I fly with an Ipad Air, old, that I had layin around. It does just fine. Works for Litchi missions and all. Screen may not be the brightest under direct sun, but still works. Beats looking into a phone screen and not being able to see anything.

Reactions: MavProPlat1968
Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones
Thank you sir...just had my first scare, was flying and controller disconnect, luckily RTH worked! Rebooted everything and flew around close by and no issues.

Reactions: Former Member
Haha...I'd rather think that is common as far as the RTH working as apposed to me being charmed. Any words of wisdom to why I may have disconnected? Kinda makes me skittish of taking off again.

Welcome from Georgia, The Peach State. I'm an AMA member and an RC fixed wing pilot with a local flying club. I just got a new Mavic Pro Platinum about 3 weeks ago and I'm enjoying it, it's my first smart drone with gps and altitude hold. Still trying to learn all the smart flight modes and how to edit the videos. The precision landing it does is amazing! My Fly More Combo came with the orange landing pad and as a test I flew off it with the precision landing launch slider button. I then flew about 500 feet up and away and pushed the return to home button to test the precision landing. To my amazement it came back precisely within 1-2" of where it took off and even oriented itself facing in the same direction of the camera. The technology used in these things is amazing! Hope you're having fun with yours!

I'm raw, so I think you would be the only one sharing knowledge! ;) I have determined I want a tablet to fly from and what little research I've done seems the consensus is iPad mini or iPad air. What say you?
I live in Buchanan,TN. About 80 mi. west of Nashville.Ipad mini rocks with a good sun shade. Also have the DJI goggles which I really enjoy. I have been flying the Mavic Pro since Dec. 2017 without any problems. Good flying... Greg.

Welcome from Georgia, The Peach State. I'm an AMA member and an RC fixed wing pilot with a local flying club. I just got a new Mavic Pro Platinum about 3 weeks ago and I'm enjoying it, it's my first smart drone with gps and altitude hold. Still trying to learn all the smart flight modes and how to edit the videos. The precision landing it does is amazing! My Fly More Combo came with the orange landing pad and as a test I flew off it with the precision landing launch slider button. I then flew about 500 feet up and away and pushed the return to home button to test the precision landing. To my amazement it came back precisely within 1-2" of where it took off and even oriented itself facing in the same direction of the camera. The technology used in these things is amazing! Hope you're having fun with yours!
Yeah, my fly more combo didnt come with the landing pad...but the precision landing is really nice.

I have the Ipad Air and a mini 4. The air is easier on the eyes, but the mini is much more convenient in size. Either one will need a visor to be seen in bright sunlight.

Welcome from Georgia, the Peach State! Just got my new Mavic Pro Platinum fly more combo, I'm learning it and having a lot of fun!

I'm in Avery county Norrh Carolina kinda near Grandfather mountain

I know the area well. I'm over in Haywood County (Waynesville & Maggie Valley)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer