DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot from TN

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: MavProPlat1968
Hello all, just purchased a MAVIC PRO PLATINUM and looking forward to learning all I can from you guys!!
I live in Greeneville, if you'd like to get together and share knowledge!! I just got my third DJI drone, the Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller. I'm working on learning to edit videos at the time...
Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum "neighbor". I'm over in western NC here... globally speaking we're right next door LOL.

I live in Greeneville, if you'd like to get together and share knowledge!! I just got my third DJI drone, the Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller. I'm working on learning to edit videos at the time...
Welcome to the forum!

I'm raw, so I think you would be the only one sharing knowledge! ;) I have determined I want a tablet to fly from and what little research I've done seems the consensus is iPad mini or iPad air. What say you?

Welcome to the forum!
While I’m mostly flying an M2P now, I love my MPP and use it regularly. Excellent choice... Great bird!

I salivated over the M2P but just didnt have the budget for it. Sold some sports cards from my collection of many years to get the MPP. I've taken a couple maiden flights, short ones getting the feel for it as this is my first real "drone", dont think my AR Parrot gen 1 counts. I desperately need to get a tablet to fly with, my old eyes struggle with my smartphone.

Reactions: PaulRC
I salivated over the M2P but just didnt have the budget for it. Sold some sports cards from my collection of many years to get the MPP. I've taken a couple maiden flights, short ones getting the feel for it as this is my first real "drone", dont think my AR Parrot gen 1 counts. I desperately need to get a tablet to fly with, my old eyes struggle with my smartphone.

I had the same problem as my eyes are a bit older than yours. :) I know it's a lot of coin to drop on a hobby, but take a look at the CrystalSky dedicated monitors while your looking at tablets. You can mount them to your RC for a one piece solution and they can be seen in full sunlight. I was having all sorts of problems with my Android phone and I bought a CS and have never looked back.

I had the same problem as my eyes are a bit older than yours. :) I know it's a lot of coin to drop on a hobby, but take a look at the CrystalSky dedicated monitors while your looking at tablets. You can mount them to your RC for a one piece solution and they can be seen in full sunlight. I was having all sorts of problems with my Android phone and I bought a CS and have never looked back.

Which version did you get??

Which version did you get??

I got the 5.5 inch version and the DJI MOUNT that goes with it. That way, the CS and the RC are locked together into one unit that you can easily hold onto. I do all the preflight checks and the precision takeoff using the CS, then don the goggles for the rest of the flight. During RTH, when the MP is over the pad, I go back to the CS again until it's on the pad.

Ok, I'm thinking I've gotten into a hobby I cant afford!! ;) My main concern is the screen size. I'm just afraid that, even though the screen is brighter, it's still going to be small, and that's what I'm trying to fix. Size matters you know!!

Reactions: PaulRC
I hear your mate. You're probably OK to just get a compatible table then and use one of the various mounts to connect it to your RC. Maybe you can get somebody to get you a CS for your birthday. :)

Hello all, just purchased a MAVIC PRO PLATINUM and looking forward to learning all I can from you guys!!
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer