DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot in the Indianapolis area!

MavicMichael

Reactions
Hi everyone... I'm new here, figured I'd say hey. I grew up an aviation nerd (and grandson of a military and then commercial airline pilot), and then also I've been an on-the-side filmmaker for 15 years or so. Drones have always intrigued me, and aside from $60 toys I've bought on Amazon, I had never taken the step into getting anything "real." That finally changed a couple weeks ago as I bought a Mavic Mini!

I'm excited to learn more, as I take this hobby and likely wrap it into some of my video projects as well.

Definitely wanting to learn more about flying in this area (restrictions and whatnot) as well as finding good spots! And I'll be starting to work toward a remote pilot's license and such, so I welcome any advice on the best ways to pursue that.

Welcome to the forum MavicMichael . . . you are in the right place. Use the search engine (upper right hand corner) for your query. If you cannot find answers; just post the question and it will get answered. Happy to have you Michael . . . have fun! Fly safe!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!:) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi everyone... I'm new here, figured I'd say hey. I grew up an aviation nerd (and grandson of a military and then commercial airline pilot), and then also I've been an on-the-side filmmaker for 15 years or so. Drones have always intrigued me, and aside from $60 toys I've bought on Amazon, I had never taken the step into getting anything "real." That finally changed a couple weeks ago as I bought a Mavic Mini!

I'm excited to learn more, as I take this hobby and likely wrap it into some of my video projects as well.

Definitely wanting to learn more about flying in this area (restrictions and whatnot) as well as finding good spots! And I'll be starting to work toward a remote pilot's license and such, so I welcome any advice on the best ways to pursue that.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the Forum! You will find a lot of great information on here. Feel free to shoot us a message if you ever have any questions about your Mini.

Thanks,
FDS Team

i am here in indianapolis.
I am also part of a DSAR group.
if you are interest and would like to be part of the DSAR:

also, I am flying at a couple of construction sites, here in Indianapolis. Documenting/video taping the construction from start to end.

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
Welcome to the forum. Ask questions, get involved, you will find plenty of advice and assistance here. We look forward to your view of the world. Wish you well in your flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ