DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot, quick question

Bayside

Reactions
Greeting wonderful forum! I received my MP Saturday and have flown every day a few times. I've watched tons of great instructional videos and love watching the vids you all post here!

My main question is with regards to controlling the gimbal, on default settings, it seems I can control up/down with the left wheel or to some extent the 5d control set at default. How do I control left/right? I've only been flying in beginner mode, if that makes any difference.

A secondary question is - where do you guys pull you music from generally so that it's not in conflict with the copyright etc laws for non-professional use?

Thanks all, I hope to share a video soon of our beautiful little place on this blue and green planet.

Reactions: dirkclod
The gimbal doesn't have any left/right movement...you have to yaw the Mavic to look in the direction you want.

Reactions: Bayside
Hi mate,

If there's a left/right option, I've never found it in the two weeks I've been a pilot :D

I just turn the bird using the left stick.

As for music, I use Vimeo for hosting my vids, they've a shed load of royalty free music, I'd imagine YouTube probably does too?

Greeting wonderful forum! I received my MP Saturday and have flown every day a few times. I've watched tons of great instructional videos and love watching the vids you all post here!

My main question is with regards to controlling the gimbal, on default settings, it seems I can control up/down with the left wheel or to some extent the 5d control set at default. How do I control left/right? I've only been flying in beginner mode, if that makes any difference.

A secondary question is - where do you guys pull you music from generally so that it's not in conflict with the copyright etc laws for non-professional use?

Thanks all, I hope to share a video soon of our beautiful little place on this blue and green planet.
Howdy from Wyoming Bayside, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. As @rockydog stated, it is not a true 3 axis gimbal, I am not sure if they consider the 90 degrees "portrait" or the slight automatic horizontal panning the image stability software causes as the third axis. Anyway you would only be able to turn it a few degrees before the landing gear came in frame.

Last edited:
Thanks all, that makes sense I suppose. I live very close to water, so I'm taking baby steps getting comfortable with this thing, mainly just because I've heard a few stories on here about them dropping out of the sky.

Thanks all, that makes sense I suppose. I live very close to water, so I'm taking baby steps getting comfortable with this thing, mainly just because I've heard a few stories on here about them dropping out of the sky.

Take your time and get your confidence built up, it will come to you. Here is a recent link for music/audio, Audio for Video's . If we can help you with anything please let us know.

You will like the iPad mini 4 versus the iPhone, lots more screen area to use. Do you have a special mount for it or will you be using the attached arms on the controller?

You will like the iPad mini 4 versus the iPhone, lots more screen area to use. Do you have a special mount for it or will you be using the attached arms on the controller?

To start the regular mount, but I'm already looking at other mounts. I guess for cell coverage I'll tether to my phone, or doesn't it really matter?

To start the regular mount, but I'm already looking at other mounts. I guess for cell coverage I'll tether to my phone, or doesn't it really matter?

If you mean by tether turn on the iPhone hotspot, that will show your location on the go4 app map versus cacheing it before you fly.

If you mean by tether turn on the iPhone hotspot, that will show your location on the go4 app map versus cacheing it before you fly.

That is what I mean. I am surprised that iPad mini4 doesn't include GPS... it seems like every time there might be a great solution, some corner is cut. Whatever though, I'm happy. May take a sunset flight tonight everything including the new iPad is charged up, iPad tested in house with Mav and family coming back from dinner in the boat, I wasn't able to go with them.

That is what I mean. I am surprised that iPad mini4 doesn't include GPS... it seems like every time there might be a great solution, some corner is cut. Whatever though, I'm happy. May take a sunset flight tonight everything including the new iPad is charged up, iPad tested in house with Mav and family coming back from dinner in the boat, I wasn't able to go with them.

I think and someone will correct me if I am wrong but the mini 4 has GPS if you buy it with wifi and cellular.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post . :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada