DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot tips pleaseeee

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
G'day mate!

I'm new here too and my best tips are to take it really slowly until you have mastered each movement completely

Watch as many youtube vids as you can get your hands on

Start in beginner mode and stay there for a long time. Its more forgiving

Start in wide open areas well away from trees and other things than will hurt you drone

Don’t let people anywhere near you when you are flying. Kids are a PITA because they don’t take no for an answer. Both of my crashes have been when people approached me wanting to talk. Now I just land before talking to them

Practice and then more practice

Keep your camera movements as smooth as possible. Small actions are always best

Always be aware of bloody kites and eagles. They don’t like drones. Even small swallows will swoop you

Most of all enjoy

Very helpful mate...

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
G’day from Aus... new member here.
First time pilot looking for tips (Mavic Pro Platinum)
I would first get a personal article insurance policy to cover the cost of drone and tax. DJI refresh is great unless you have a fly away or crash in an area you cant get too like the top of a tree. DJI and State farm allowed me to learn how to fly by replacing several crashes and one platinum that I think got shot or hit a bird Idk but State Farm covered it. I had approximate coordinates that it went down at and it was nice to have an insurance policy. $60/ year in March when I signed up..

I would first get a personal article insurance policy to cover the cost of drone and tax. DJI refresh is great unless you have a fly away or crash in an area you cant get too like the top of a tree. DJI and State farm allowed me to learn how to fly by replacing several crashes and one platinum that I think got shot or hit a bird Idk but State Farm covered it. I had approximate coordinates that it went down at and it was nice to have an insurance policy. $60/ year in March when I signed up..

Great advice
Is there anyone in Australia with good insurance info?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenshin