DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot

Hello KB4MTO. Thanks for asking. Yes. I have both my MA and MM in individual Pelican 1200 cases View attachment 97876 View attachment 97877 They are carried in a Osprey Snowkit duffle bag View attachment 97879. The duffle can hold both cases, electronics, ipad, accessories, etc. It has several carry handles and can be worn as a backpack. If I carry lighter, one of the Pelicans fit into an Osprey Daylite, with plenty of additional gear space. Hope this helps. Be safe and enjoy your flying.

Thanks for the info. I am a long-time Pelican case fan from my military days. I have looked at a few of them. I want to add a dedicated iPad from the display and want a single case to carry everything in. Those 1200s look like they might be the answer.

Reactions: wjkrysak
Thanks for the info. I am a long-time Pelican case fan from my military days. I have looked at a few of them. I want to add a dedicated iPad from the display and want a single case to carry everything in. Those 1200s look like they might be the answer.
The tablet in my 1200 M Air case lid is a Fire HD 8 tablet (2018) and fits nicely. A velcro loop and thin foam keep it snug in place. Not sure the size of your iPad, but you can check with Pelican sizes. The pluck foam, as you likely know, can be customized. I sprayed mine with Plastic Dip to add more rigidity. I also plucked the foam for indents for the controller sticks to save removing each time. A stick guard provides extra support. Hope that helps. Wish you well. Stay safe.

Reactions: old man mavic
The tablet in my 1200 M Air case lid is a Fire HD 8 tablet (2018) and fits nicely. A velcro loop and thin foam keep it snug in place. Not sure the size of your iPad, but you can check with Pelican sizes. The pluck foam, as you likely know, can be customized. I sprayed mine with Plastic Dip to add more rigidity. I also plucked the foam for indents for the controller sticks to save removing each time. A stick guard provides extra support. Hope that helps. Wish you well. Stay safe.

Yea, I do a lot of work with Pelican. We have a few products that have custom pelican cases. I love how easy it is to customize the foam.

I'm actually looking for a tablet to use with my Mavic Mini. It seems most tablets won't work with the DJI Fly app. The iPads seem to work with it so I was looking in that direction. Does your Fire HD tablet work with the DJI Fly app? I've seen that some of the tablets work with the Mavic 2 and other Mavics, but not with the Mavic Mini using the Fly app. I want a screen bigger than a cell phone, something in the 7" range if possible.

Reactions: wjkrysak
Yea, I do a lot of work with Pelican. We have a few products that have custom pelican cases. I love how easy it is to customize the foam.

I'm actually looking for a tablet to use with my Mavic Mini. It seems most tablets won't work with the DJI Fly app. The iPads seem to work with it so I was looking in that direction. Does your Fire HD tablet work with the DJI Fly app? I've seen that some of the tablets work with the Mavic 2 and other Mavics, but not with the Mavic Mini using the Fly app. I want a screen bigger than a cell phone, something in the 7" range if possible.
My Fire HD does not work with the DJI Flyapp, which requires 64bit, Fire is 32bit. I use a Samsung Note 8, now for both of my aircraft. It has a 6.3-inch Super AMOLED, 2960x1440 screen with 1000 Nits. Spec'ed as bright as the DJI CrystalSky. It is very bright and easily seen in sunlight and fits in the controller mount. You can find some favorable pricing on these with a search.
Another alternative for a larger screen is this setup. If I am out with my nephew for an all day flying adventure, I will also use my 2019 10.2 iPad with Mavemount on a tripod. Ipad mount.jpg. Controller is resting on tripod in picture. When in use, I can sit with controller connected to iPad with an extended OTG cable. Hope this helps. Enjoy your flying.

Reactions: Thomas B
My Fire HD does not work with the DJI Flyapp, which requires 64bit, Fire is 32bit. I use a Samsung Note 8, now for both of my aircraft. It has a 6.3-inch Super AMOLED, 2960x1440 screen with 1000 Nits. Spec'ed as bright as the DJI CrystalSky. It is very bright and easily seen in sunlight and fits in the controller mount. You can find some favorable pricing on these with a search.
Another alternative for a larger screen is this setup. If I am out with my nephew for an all day flying adventure, I will also use my 2019 10.2 iPad with Mavemount on a tripod. View attachment 97995. Controller is resting on tripod in picture. When in use, I can sit with controller connected to iPad with an extended OTG cable. Hope this helps. Enjoy your flying.

So the Samsung Note 8 works with the DJI Fly App?

So the Samsung Note 8 works with the DJI Fly App?
Yes, no problems. 64bit. Perfect for me. Fits in the controller arms, bright, 1000 nits. And also works with DJI Go App. You can search and find them favorable priced. Hope this helps.

Yes, no problems. 64bit. Perfect for me. Fits in the controller arms, bright, 1000 nits. And also works with DJI Go App. You can search and find them favorable priced. Hope this helps.

Awesome, thank you. I've been trying to find a tablet to use. The official list is "iffy" for the Mavic Mini. I was getting ready to post a question and now I don't have to.

Thanks for the info!

No sweat. Happy to help. Enjoy your flying. Be safe.

welcome to the forum

Reactions: Thomas B
Hello everyone, I'm a new Mavic Mini owner and a new pilot. Flying has been a passion of mine since a young age, watching the planes out at Dobbins AFB. I also spent 8 years in the USAF, and now work at an airport. Oddly enough, I don't fly.

I've also had a passion for RC flying, but never had the time to get involved. I have tried a few different $25.00 cheap drones and eventually gave up because it seemed like my time was being wasted fighting the drone trying to keep it stable. I read about the Mavic Mini and decided to try it out. I cannot believe how stable it is. Now my time is going towards learning how to fly rather than fighting it like the cheap drones.

My goal is to get comfortable with the Mini and get good enough to also fly freestyle drones. I like the ability to fly for video and photography use, and the excitment of freestyle.

--Hank
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom