DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilots: Let loose in Sport Mode!

@Beet its the RTH button it has two functions ,quick press =pause long press = RTH i believe its the same on the Mini 2 but dont have a 2 just the MM

I'll need to have another play with it next opportunity I get to fly. When I did some testing some months ago braking with the pause button seemed to be just as abrupt as using the sticks. I certainly didn't see braking like you've described, but then I don't think I took it right up to full speed, which takes a decent run-in to achieve.
not matter the speed, but in full speed you will feel better this brake, even inside the house you will see how to the drone breaks, the motors will increase them rotation when breaks, that will not see when you just leave the sticks free :), check it

What have you done with Sport Mode? Have you really, REALLY, well, let yourself loose?

Turn off the camera. Or have it on. Either way, forget about it. Take your MM2 out and FLY it! Want to burn 3 batteries and wonder where the time went? I do a lot of Sport Mode flying for the sheer excitement of it, thought I'd start a thread to discuss, and post some crazy videos.

So, some suggestions:
  • Find a big, open field with no people or animals
  • From 30-60 feet AGL, full down throttle full pitch forward, dive fast at the ground then flip the throttle when you get as close to the ground as you feel comfortable and tear back up into the sky
  • Flip it around as fast as it'll spin in a turn full left/right yaw, coordinate with the right amount of roll (even in Sport it's not full-stick when you're yawing at max), then dive and shoot up again, repeat
  • Try falling out of the sky like above, full forward pitch, then level out at the last minute close to the ground (I've gotten good enough to do it about 4 feet AGL), tear across the field at 30+ mph until it feels right, then all together at max speeds ascend and turn 180, tear back.
  • Try to ascend/descend in the tightest, fastest spiral you can. This is a toughie -- the fastest is not the tightest.
I know some of that is kinda hard to follow, just keep in mind that you're forward-pitch every possible second.

I'll quit for now before this becomes TL;DR ? Please, others, contribute with your Sport Mode FLYING adventures. Noobs, come back and report your flights and fun. If you shoot some video, share it. I'll be back with some video, and more suggestions. Have Fun!
DJI better get ready with more staff to man the Re-Fresh insurance returns!

What have you done with Sport Mode? Have you really, REALLY, well, let yourself loose?

Turn off the camera. Or have it on. Either way, forget about it. Take your MM2 out and FLY it! Want to burn 3 batteries and wonder where the time went? I do a lot of Sport Mode flying for the sheer excitement of it, thought I'd start a thread to discuss, and post some crazy videos.

So, some suggestions:
  • From 30-60 feet AGL, full down throttle full pitch forward, dive fast at the ground then flip the throttle when you get as close to the ground as you feel comfortable and tear back up into the sky
  • Flip it around as fast as it'll spin in a turn full left/right yaw, coordinate with the right amount of roll (even in Sport it's not full-stick when you're yawing at max), then dive and shoot up again, repeat
  • Try falling out of the sky like above, full forward pitch, then level out at the last minute close to the ground (I've gotten good enough to do it about 4 feet AGL), tear across the field at 30+ mph until it feels right, then all together at max speeds ascend and turn 180, tear back.
  • Try to ascend/descend in the tightest, fastest spiral you can. This is a toughie -- the fastest is not the tightest.
I know some of that is kinda hard to follow, just keep in mind that you're forward-pitch every possible second.

I'll quit for now before this becomes TL;DR ? Please, others, contribute with your Sport Mode FLYING adventures. Noobs, come back and report your flights and fun. If you shoot some video, share it. I'll be back with some video, and more suggestions. Have Fun!
Use the right drone for that and you will enjoy it a lot more...and get much closer than 4 feet with full flips and rolls. DJ I drones really not meant for that....a least if you want the full experience and break loose

I would respectfully suggest that new pilots make sure they have their drone insurance in place before trying the previously mentioned gymnastics. ?

To each his own, but the M2 is a camera drone, not a sports flier. If you feel the need for speed, flips and tricks in the sky, buy a reasonably priced MJX Bugs 3. When I want to terrorize the skies, I turn to my Bugs 3, Traxxis Aton or Eachine EX2 mini which all sport powerful brushless motors that are up to the task.

And of course you can always refer to the flight simulator for practice before you try it outside with your real drone

hi scro, the pause button works different from the let the sticks free, that means when you are in full speed or not, the drone will brake instantly, no delay , will almost stand up vertically if you ahve full speed, that is so funny, try it....i did many times with mini and mini2, the behavior is the same for both of them
See Woozie, that’s how your first Mini fell out of the sky! or... was it an eagle? ????

Reactions: WooZie
@WooZie at least it wasn't me reminding you this time for a change ;);););)

• Haha
Reactions: TDZHDTV and WooZie
@WooZie you sure do ,we are like the old elephant we never forgetThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup

Reactions: dirkclod and WooZie

So, some suggestions:

You know that’s one thing not many people have talked about is that with the air two and mini two DJI has enabled sport mode to have much better fly adjustment characteristics as opposed to the Mavic two Series having said that newbies should be careful in sport mode and work up to doing crazy maneuvers

I wouldn't play chicken with the ground with my DJI's.
The best you can get is a tie...and the rules are..the ground gets all the pushes.. a true dead heat!
Sport mode is great for getting somewhere in a hurry, but as far as just watching the drone go fast ..that gets old in a hurry. At least it does for me, and it's a great way to turn off the casual observer who thinks we need more protection.

So, some suggestions:

I've used sport mode for many things.... I used it many times to disable sensors when I was in a tight situation (between trees for example, for cinematic purposes like chasing jetskis, and also getting back to the landing point when filming was over, etc...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore