DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New RC 2 with Air 3

Well, I'll ask that you trust an engineer that has written firmware for Software Defined Radio systems for this sort of thing... The hardware changes required by O4 (additional antennas, frequencies, etc.) are no obstacle to programming forward compatibility. It might mean less range, but not impossible to engineer.

SDRs are used in these types of applications for exactly this reason.

Does that mean the engineering will happen? No guarantee. Yet it would seem an enormously bone-headed decision not to, given ecosystem interoperability seems to be a strategy DJI has adopted.
Coming from a software engineering background, I agree. It's all in the software.

How is it so many people seem to come in to threads and post, but not read them?

Reactions: costica1234
How is it so many people seem to come in to threads and post, but not read them?
It doesn't happen to me often but sometimes my notifications don't always tell me when a new post sneaks in before mine. Often when I look at the list, I see posts that I have missed. I try to read everything but I'm just that way and I know for sure, others won't bother and that's ok because I have been known to miss one or two. Yeah, it bugs me too that sometimes I post and either it gets ignored or someone answers with the obvious; I guess that's just the way this forum operates. It could be worse. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Krrr
Quick question for anyone who has the RC 2, or maybe even the RC.

Is it possible to install (or sideload) apps?

Thanks.

Nope

Reactions: StubbornSwiss
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147