DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New RC-N1 firmware

shb

Reactions
I just ran fly, not connected to the drone, and it said there is new RC-N1 firmware. It looks like a very small download. Couldn't find anything about it on the internet. I will try to update tomorrow.

Could be something related to RID.
Keep us posted.
I was going to try to install the update, so I connected my tablet to the RC-N1. When I started fly, it brought up a blue message asking if I wanted to install the update. Since I hadn't powered on the controller yet, I didn't hit it. By the time the controller powered on, the message was gone, and I couldn't get it back. So I don't know if the update is installed or not.

I was going to try to install the update, so I connected my tablet to the RC-N1. When I started fly, it brought up a blue message asking if I wanted to install the update. Since I hadn't powered on the controller yet, I didn't hit it. By the time the controller powered on, the message was gone, and I couldn't get it back. So I don't know if the update is installed or not.
In my experience, the controller doesn't always properly reset the FW notification after an update, and it may take a couple of reboots or flights to clear itself. Do you remember the size of the last RC-N1 update that gave access to the OA cameras? Was it much larger?

In my experience, the controller doesn't always properly reset the FW notification after an update, and it may take a couple of reboots or flights to clear itself. Do you remember the size of the last RC-N1 update that gave access to the OA cameras? Was it much larger?
I don't remember any RC-N1 update. I only remember the fly update.
I just ran fly again and it did ask me if I wanted to install the update. DJI probably has a random number generator that determines when it will ask to install the update!🤪

I don't remember any RC-N1 update. I only remember the fly update.
I just ran fly again and it did ask me if I wanted to install the update. DJI probably has a random number generator that determines when it will ask to install the update!🤪
To be 100% compatible, when the tablet is separate from the RC, all 3 need an update. The RC Pro theoretically does the Fly app and the RC together, but I believe I had to do two separate updates on it, too.

Multiple reboots tend to prompt the needed updates, if they don't offer them to you initially, or if you decline an update.

Hopefully, this gets it sorted out for you.
I keep letting it update until it stops offering them, even though some may, in fact, already be installed. Gets rid of the nagging!

In the Fly app, open the About tab and scroll down to the check for updates link. Check for updates to the FlySafe database, too.

I do that but it says N/A.
FlySafe updates are independent of FW updates, and never prompt you, and are completely optional. I never update FlySafe. It can only be more restrictive!

If there is additional FW update available, you are up to date!

Reactions: shb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54