DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New RC Pro Question

harleymhs

Reactions
Hi Everyone .. Just picked up a RC PRO .. I don't care about maps. After I bound it to my Air2s all was ok. When I go to Map View I don't see anything. I know if I'm not online I wont see maps unless I download them. But my DJI RC will always show my Home Pont and Lines where I fly and always show my line to return to the home point w no maps! My RC PRO did not show home point lines etc. Just a grey screen. Am I missing something here? TIA for any replies.

Check the permissions for GPS and Location access on the RC Pro and in the Fly app under your profile for Privacy, and make sure your RC Pro FW and installed Fly app are updated to the latest FW available for the RC Pro. You might also have to update your Air 2S to the latest FW as well.

However, if your Air 2S hasn't yet been updated to broadcast RID, and you don't want it to, do not update the Air 2S FW!

Hi Everyone .. Just picked up a RC PRO .. I don't care about maps. After I bound it to my Air2s all was ok. When I go to Map View I don't see anything. I know if I'm not online I wont see maps unless I download them. But my DJI RC will always show my Home Pont and Lines where I fly and always show my line to return to the home point w no maps! My RC PRO did not show home point lines etc. Just a grey screen. Am I missing something here? TIA for any replies.
Hi. I have the Rc(with screen) as well that came with the Mni3P but thinking to buy the Rc Pro, if you don’t mind answering a few questions. Where did you buy it from, is it brand new and Do you like it so far ? thank you and have a good day!

Reactions: harleymhs
Hi. I have the Rc(with screen) as well that came with the Mni3P but thinking to buy the Rc Pro, if you don’t mind answering a few questions. Where did you buy it from, is it brand new and Do you like it so far ? thank you and have a good day!
I have the RC Pro that I bought to use with my Mavic 3 and then later picked up a Mini 3 Pro (drone only package). It is the only controller I use to control both drones. I love my RC Pro but if I just had a Mini 3 Pro I would likely not buy it for that drone only unless you planned on using it with other compatible drones. Using it just for the Mini 3 Pro only in my opinion is overkill.

The advantages of the RC Pro over the RC is the brighter screen, more customizable buttons, stronger signal, faster processor, more internal memory and ability to load third party apps. If these things are important to you plus the significant price for the controller, then it may be worthwhile for you.

Good luck with your decision.

Chris

I have the RC Pro that I bought to use with my Mavic 3 and then later picked up a Mini 3 Pro (drone only package). It is the only controller I use to control both drones. I love my RC Pro but if I just had a Mini 3 Pro I would likely not buy it for that drone only unless you planned on using it with other compatible drones. Using it just for the Mini 3 Pro only in my opinion is overkill.

The advantages of the RC Pro over the RC is the brighter screen, more customizable buttons, stronger signal, faster processor, more internal memory and ability to load third party apps. If these things are important to you plus the significant price for the controller, then it may be worthwhile for you.

Good luck with your decision.

Chris
Thank you for your response . I'm thinking to buy the Mavic 3P combo with the Rc Pro and my doubt is about if the Rc Pro is worth knowing that is already 2 years old.

Ive been wanting it for a while now. I do have the DJI RC w screen for my Air2s and Mini 3 pro. But A friend of mine was selling his Air2s with the RC PRO and both are like new. SO I bought it from him. 850$ for the Air 2 s flymore and the RC Pro! So it was a great deal! Plus I wanted the RC PRO just for the 1000 nit brightness screen ! So far it is as good as I thought! Love all the Programable buttons! 2 on the rear and one that can do 5 custom items!

Ive been wanting it for a while now. I do have the DJI RC w screen for my Air2s and Mini 3 pro. But A friend of mine was selling his Air2s with the RC PRO and both are like new. SO I bought it from him. 850$ for the Air 2 s flymore and the RC Pro! So it was a great deal! Plus I wanted the RC PRO just for the 1000 nit brightness screen ! So far it is as good as I thought! Love all the Programable buttons! 2 on the rear and one that can do 5 custom items
You got a nice deal ! The RCPro brand new alone cost $1200 and if I buy the M3P Fly more combo with the RCPro, the RcPro will be like $880 (with the combo).

In the map view, upper right there is a circle with ! inside. Tap that and deselect the layers that are covering your view.

In the map view, upper right there is a circle with ! inside. Tap that and deselect the layers that are covering your view.
Good catch! It's likely the Altitude layer from the new 1000m capability when more than 50km from the nearest airport. It stupidly creates a gray layer over the 500m limit everywhere else!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman