DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New sealed drone travelling by air from US to Mexico

basyok

Reactions
I'm currently in Mexico, and some local friends are taking a trip to NYC. I'm hoping to get them (haven't asked yet šŸ˜) to bring me down a new Mini 3 pro that I'd buy on Amazon.com. Unfortunately, the drone costs 25% more here in Mexico, so it would be really nice not to have to pay that extra $$$

My question is, would they have any trouble bringing it down? I have travelled with my drone before; to Canada, US and Mexico, and no problem on carry on. The thing is, sometimes, maybe most of the time, at security, I had to pull it out of my carry on to go through the x-ray machine separately. How would this work for a new, sealed-in-the-box drone?

I'm currently in Mexico, and some local friends are taking a trip to NYC. I'm hoping to get them (haven't asked yet šŸ˜) to bring me down a new Mini 3 pro that I'd buy on Amazon.com. Unfortunately, the drone costs 25% more here in Mexico, so it would be really nice not to have to pay that extra $$$

My question is, would they have any trouble bringing it down? I have travelled with my drone before; to Canada, US and Mexico, and no problem on carry on. The thing is, sometimes, maybe most of the time, at security, I had to pull it out of my carry on to go through the x-ray machine separately. How would this work for a new, sealed-in-the-box drone?
Leaving it in the box makes it bulky for carry on, especially if they have other carry on bags.

What about duty fees? New in the box means they will have to disclose it to customs as it will be obvious they acquired it in the US.

Leaving it in the box makes it bulky for carry on, especially if they have other carry on bags.

What about duty fees? New in the box means they will have to disclose it to customs as it will be obvious they acquired it in the US.
I need the box for better resale value later.

I'm not worried about duties - i believe that a resident flying into Mexico can bring a new drone in without duties, as part of their luggage. If I'm wrong, i can deal with it.

Do you know anything with regards to the question I'm asking?

I need the box for better resale value later.

I'm not worried about duties - i believe that a resident flying into Mexico can bring a new drone in without duties, as part of their luggage. If I'm wrong, i can deal with it.

Do you know anything with regards to the question I'm asking?
X-rays will go through cardboard boxes, cheers Len

X-rays will go through cardboard boxes, cheers Len
I'm aware. But unfortunately, they still often want drones taken out of their bag/case/container at security.

I'm just wondering if they'll care less about seeing the naked drone of it's sealed in the box.

I suppose, seeing as the mini 3 pro only comes with the 1 installed battery, it could technically go in checked luggage.

I took mine in carryon. I was told not to put any batteries in checked luggage. I flew into Mazatlan and they did ask me to open my case. They took about a 2 second look and said I was good.

Reactions: basyok
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929