DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New single battery charger

I haven’t tested it yet but ordered it.
I will post once it arrived.
Cheers
Alexander

Do you know if it’s providing the quicker charging speed (~50 minutes), or the standard charging time (~90 minutes)?

Do you know if it’s providing the quicker charging speed (~50 minutes), or the standard charging time (~90 minutes)?

I'm surprised. I thought quick charge time was 90 minutes for an empty battery. That's the time it takes to me charging Mini using my Xiaomi 10A Power Bank QC3. During charging status leds blinks quickly, denoting quick charge on.

I couldn't imagine a 50 minutes charging time is possible !

R.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I couldn't imagine a 50 minutes charging time is possible

I smile when someone quotes someone else’s test statistics when they’ve never run the test themselves, and so I’m guilty of this today. I believe I misquoted the quick 50-minute charge time for the Japanese MM version‘s 1100mAh battery, and not the MT1SS5’s 2400mAh battery.

Later today I’ll fly my fully charged batteries down to 10% (as displayed on DJI Fly) and will time the full charge from 1.8A, 2.0A and 3.0A USB charging ports. It’s time I found out for myself.

Reactions: raulmavic
Okay I flew down to 10% on all three batteries (as displayed on DJI Fly), then fully charged via:
  • 3.0A USB port (DJI white charging block shipped with Mini) - 78 minutes [Battery 1]
  • 2.4A USB port (generic charging block) - 86 minutes [Battery 3]
  • 2.0A MM battery port (Fstop branded charger for Mini) - 95 minutes [Battery 2]
Surprisingly my fastest charging time of 78 minutes came from the DJI charging block powering the DJI Mini charging hub.

CBB4EE8B-0967-4542-9C66-4B91D874F477.jpeg

Reactions: raulmavic
QC uses a change in voltage so as to be able to reduce the required current for the same resulting wattage. Lower current puts less stress on the USB cable.

Typically QC will negotiate 12v with the stock MM charging system (MM itself or hub) drawing 1.5A at the 12v for a total of 18W. It usually won't draw more than 2A at 5v.

Note that a lipo charge cycle is not static in voltage/current. It starts out at constant current until the max voltage is reached which is around 80% charge, then it maintains the voltage with the current diminishing as it reaches 100%. Therefore if you are measuring the USB current, you will see it vary.

Okay I flew down to 10% on all three batteries (as displayed on DJI Fly), then fully charged via:
  • 3.0A USB port (DJI white charging block shipped with Mini) - 78 minutes [Battery 1]
  • 2.4A USB port (generic charging block) - 86 minutes [Battery 3]
  • 2.0A MM battery port (Fstop branded charger for Mini) - 95 minutes [Battery 2]
Surprisingly my fastest charging time of 78 minutes came from the DJI charging block powering the DJI Mini charging hub.

View attachment 95277

that white charger is 8.4 @ 2A per port, and can charge 4 batts at once. Best out of all.

Check out the Hanatora charger. 2 MM batteries and remote charge in 50 minutes.
That's also a Yx charger if you zoom into the picture a little

I did a reduction on charger. I will test..IMG_0869.JPGIMG_0868.JPGIMG_0871.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0868.JPG
    IMG_0868.JPG
    383.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics