DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New tablet question

Quebecnewf

Reactions
My wife has a new Microsoft Surface Pro tablet.Lots of memory and power running Windows 10
thinking I could use this as a bigger screen setup to fly my Mavic Air .
Trying to spot things on the ground and would like a bigger screen than my phone .

this would only be for special flights related to some work I’m doing ( predator spotting, control )

what do you think ??

Quebecnewf

as far as I know, Fly app doesnt work on Windows, guess if you manage to run android on it might work

How would you connect the phone to the Surface Pro if the phone needs to be connected to the RC as well ?
I think the only way would be to cast the phone to the pc via a wireless network, the latency of this set up would make the Surface Pro view only useful for viewing as opposed to controlling the drone.

Alternatively you could use a Crystal Sky to connect to a large 4k TV via the hdmi out or get some DJI Goggles for the third party view

How would you connect the phone to the Surface Pro if the phone needs to be connected to the RC as well ?
I think the only way would be to cast the phone to the pc via a wireless network, the latency of this set up would make the Surface Pro view only useful for viewing as opposed to controlling the drone.

Alternatively you could use a Crystal Sky to connect to a large 4k TV via the hdmi out or get some DJI Goggles for the third party view

I think the idea was to use a Windows tablet instead of a phone.
I am pretty certain you can’t use a Windows tablet, DJI consider it a PC.
It may be possible to connect the tablet to a Crystal Sky if it has a HDMI in port but that would be an expensive solution.

Reactions: crosswired
I think the idea was to use a Windows tablet instead of a phone.
I am pretty certain you can’t use a Windows tablet, DJI consider it a PC.
It may be possible to connect the tablet to a Crystal Sky if it has a HDMI in port but that would be an expensive solution.

I realised the op wanted to use a tablet pc but this is a bit strange as DJI have only ever produced flight apps for IOS and Android platforms. My reply was trying to show how it is not possible to use the surface pro to control the drone.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom