DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Three Blade Props vs Two Blade

Uhhjoe82

Reactions
I was recently on eBay and noticed new third party THREE blade props for the Mavic 2. It’s seems logical to think that three blade props would produce more easily produce more lift, thus adding more stabilization and battery life. Does anyone know if they are truly beneficial when compared with the standard TWO blade? Has anyone tried these yet and compared battery life and flight controls?

You can find lots of posts about 3 blade props in these search results:

To sum it up, OEM DJI props work well and won't void your DJI warranty. If 3 blade props were truly better, DJI would be using them.

Reactions: Hauptmann
It’s seems logical to think that three blade props would produce more easily produce more lift, thus adding more stabilization and battery life.
It seems logical to think that if 3-blade props really offered any significant improvements, that DJI propulsion engineers would have specified them for the drone.
If using 3 blades gives as much benefit as you've suggested, just imagine what a 5 or 6-bladed prop would do??
There's a basic principle in physics: You get nothing for nothing.

We should not always assume that performance engineering trumps economics. The margin $ on 2 blade vs. 3 blade might be significant when you sell a million or more drones. I have my doubts that 3 blades are better than 2 but you know what they say about assumptions....

Reactions: Stockmanager
More blades means more lift but with less efficiency. Personally, I would never use anything but the OEM props as they are one of the most important links in the chain of it staying in the air....

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705