DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Apple - no connection to the Bird

JoeBuster

Reactions
Hy guys,
i`m new to Apple and i bought a ipad mini 4 cellular (Version: 11.0.2). I installed the DJI Go 4 App (Version 4.2.5) and the DJI Groundstation Pro ( Version 1.8.1). I read a lot of problems about 11.2.5 so i did not upgrade the ipad firmware yet. But there is no other option. Only upgrade to 11.2.5 is possible - but I`m lookig for the 11.2.2.

The mavic is on the latest firmware .200 and worked well with the Android App and my Huawei Mate 10 Pro.

With the Apple ipad i can not connect to the mavic. Any ideas what`s going wrong? Maybe iOS Version and Appstore Version are not compatible? Is there any other Version from DJI avible - but how to install on a ipad?

In the Android World i know how to install a AKP to the Android System - but i`m very new to Apple. I have no idea how to install a App from outside the Appstore.

Should basically be "plug & play". Maybe a cable issue?

You are using the bottom USB Connector on the Remote Controller without any cable connected to the upper left connector on the Remote Controller I assume?

You have flipped the Remote Controller (RC) / WiFi switch back and forth on the side of the Mavic near the SD card slot as well?

> You are using the bottom USB Connector on the Remote Controller without any cable connected to the upper left connector on the Remote Controller I assume?

Yes - of course

> You have flipped the Remote Controller (RC) / WiFi switch back and forth on the side of the Mavic near the SD card slot as well?

What effect does this have? I want to fly in RC Mode - with Android and with Apple too. The switch is in RC Mode now.

I hear the connetion sound when the RC and ipad are connected. On my Android Phone at this moment the DJI Go App opens automaticly. On the ipad nothing happend. I use the same account from DJI i use normal with my Android Phone. Here is the problem that the account sync will cancel at 32%.

During the USB connection, for a short moment you can read, "did not charge" in the ipad Display. I dont know if this is normal

Last edited:
With my iPad mini, the app does not auto launch, you have to open it manually, on the iPhone X also. I have never seen any messages relating to charging :s, but the iPad mini 2 cellular i use is dedicated to mp controller. Have you tried deleting the DJI go 4 app and reinstallling it ?....might help, also try replacing the cable with lightning to usb mini, Amazon sell angled connectors versions which are much more convenient to use and stow then a standard Apple cable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky