DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to droning

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Three important things to remember is altitude, altitude, and altitude. Many here hit trees, wires, chimneys, etc. There are no trees at 200 feet.

Three important things to remember is altitude, altitude, and altitude. Many here hit trees, wires, chimneys, etc. There are no trees at 200 feet.
"There are no trees at 200 feet." Pretty much true if you live on a plane, but if you are flying near a hill with trees...

"There are no trees at 200 feet." Pretty much true if you live on a plane, but if you are flying near a hill with trees...
Show you some hills, have a 300 ft mountain a tenth of a mile from me but can't get the video to post here. Works on FB. Anyone know what format of video this place takes.

Show you some hills, have a 300 ft mountain a tenth of a mile from me but can't get the video to post here. Works on FB. Anyone know what format of video this place takes.

Upload the video to YouTube or similar service and then copy / paste a link back to here.

The URL will change to thumbnail after you post.

Pictures may be directly uploaded to the forum, but not video.

Reactions: wjkrysak
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: MA2 317
Any tips for 1st timers
Decide how you're going to train yourself. The Mini-2 is an awesome little bird, and it's easy for beginners to fly, but there are non-obvious things that can byte you, like the difference flying in "reverse command", when the drone is pointed toward you, rather than away from you. I dinged up my Mini-2s a couple times in my early training by being over-confident.

Pilot Institute has a "Deep Dive" course for the Mini-2, which you should definitely take. It's free, very informative, and entertaining. Pilot Institute also has a "Drone Maneuvers" course, where it shows exactly what maneuvers to practice to get proficient. I don't remember if that one is free, but it's worth taking regardless.

And, of course, pole around on this forum, and read the topics that look interesting to you. If you have a question, this is the place to ask it, and get an answer. Or several answers...

;-)

Welcome to the Monkey House!

TCS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki