DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to filming

FearlessRobb

Reactions
So i got my drone 3 days ago and have had 3 flights so far lol
I am far from anything good.with cameras at all. So i looked at the recorded video and it was very choppy
I found today how to set the FPS to 30 and the video improved a little. What other settings may help this problem

It could just be my computer being pretty crappy lol

Neutral density filters allow you to slow down the shutter speed on brighter days. The faster the shutter, the more choppy the video.

Ok so i need to figure out how to do shutter speed in app first im assuming

When re watching the videos sometimes its smooth sometimes its choppy like a scratched dvd skipping around lpl

I understand Polar Pro has a free app to help determine the correct filter to use for the conditions. I have not used it but have heard good things about it.

So i found out it saves the video to my phone. The video was fine witch means my computer sucks

My photo quality was so bad it was unusable. It turned out to be the program I used to view the pictures. It defaulted to a low-resolution view.

Yea my phone plays the bideo amazing my computer does not lol

The video cached to your phone is a lot lower resolution than what is recorded to the microSD card in the Mavic. Eventually you’ll see it stutter a little, too, as you start flying farther away and the video signal drops out occasionally.

It’s true that your computer may not be able to handle 4K video. Try recording in 2.7K, and if that doesn’t work you might have to go to 1080. Or upgrade your computer!

I’d also try using VLC media player on your computer if you aren’t already. It’s a free, light video player that might work more smoothly. It’s great software regardless, so you should have it anyway.

Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN

And if you’re on a PC, set the recording format to MP4 rather than MOV. I don’t know that it would make a difference in this case, but MOV is aimed more at Mac users.

Don’t worry to much about shutter speed just yet. That’s a bit more advanced.

The video cached to your phone is a lot lower resolution than what is recorded to the microSD card in the Mavic. Eventually you’ll see it stutter a little, too, as you start flying farther away and the video signal drops out occasionally.

It’s true that your computer may not be able to handle 4K video. Try recording in 2.7K, and if that doesn’t work you might have to go to 1080. Or upgrade your computer!

I’d also try using VLC media player on your computer if you aren’t already. It’s a free, light video player that might work more smoothly. It’s great software regardless, so you should have it anyway.

Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN

And if you’re on a PC, set the recording format to MP4 rather than MOV. I don’t know that it would make a difference in this case, but MOV is aimed more at Mac users.

Don’t worry to much about shutter speed just yet. That’s a bit more advanced.
Thanks. I was recording in 2.7k. I tried 4 k yesterday and phone syill played just fine compuet not at all. Next step is the 1080p and mp4 setting i have that video player program before maybe ill try it again

Reactions: Mr. Salty
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711