DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Mini 2

I should not have done a firmware update with the drone sitting on top of a green garbage can
You can update the firmware anywhere. A garbage can wouldn't negatively affect firmware being installed on the drone.

I've been flying Phantom 3 standards and the Pro for years. But three weeks ago I crashed my Pro for the first time. It was a battery issue. It's not worth repairing to me. I had been looking for an excuse to upgrade and the crash was it. So now I have the Mini 2. I live out here on the Mojave Desert in California. It is hot and dry, but I have lots of room to fly in. I am re-posting a message that I put in another forum.

I got my Mini 2 last week, and all seems to work as expected. But I had a funny thing happened yesterday that I can't explain. I made the mistake of doing a battery firmware update with the drone sitting on my green colored garbage can. Then when I got ready to fly, the camera display had a green tint to it. I tried the auto/manual white balance settings, and I tried to reset the camera settings. Nothing worked. Everything was green! I rebooted the drone, but that didn't help. Then I turn off and rebooted the Android phone and all colors came back to normal. Then this morning, I went out to fly again. I installed the battery I used the day before and flew normally. No green tint. After the battery was depleted, I landed and installed another freshly updated battery. When the video came back on the screen, the green tint was back. So I rebooted the Android phone and it returned to normal. It seems that the color problem is stored in or being controlled by the battery. I don't understand that at all. Somehow it set the green tint from the garbage can as a default color. I have three batteries, but I have not tried the third one yet. Other than that everything is working great.

Can anyone explain what is happening here. I know what caused it. I should not have done a firmware update with the drone sitting on top of a green garbage can. Just rebooting the phone on the two batteries corrected it. I can't wait to see what the third one does.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
You can also do a query, on the search function, upper right hand corner.
For example, Flyaway, you will see results as to how and way the drone was lost from experiences from other pilots.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo