Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to the MA family

itsneedtokno

I'm chillin, appreciate it though.
Reactions
Site
codyshoaf.myportfolio.com
Hiya! I've been trolling long enough, and figured it was time for an introduction.

I got my MA about a month ago, and have logged about 65 flights, and flown about 400k feet total. Needless to say, I ABSOLUTELY love the MA.

My brother introduced me to DJI drones about a year ago with his Spark, and I immediately wanted one. (I have no previous drone experience) well when tax time came around I decided to get a drone. I wasn't "dead-set" on DJI but knew it had to be at least as good as, or better than, the Spark. I knew that telling the wifey I spent less than 1k would be easier than explaining why I bought a (not-so-much) toy for $1500 (Mavic2Zoom). So low and behold I found the MA with Fly More and DJI CareRefresh for 900. Done and Done.

I'm still learning, but loving every second of it.

I've also got Adobe CC and will be uploading videos at a later date.

So far, thanks for all the great info ???

Welcome to the club!

Reactions: Biggmoinc
Yeah, that! We also have The Air.

FWIW: we occasionally suffer urges to upgrade, and you will no doubt experience similar 'pains'.

We resolved this by deciding no upgrade(s) occur until we'd 'mastered' all the Air's features! THAT takes care of the next several years...

...bottom line: you made the Right Choice. Welcome, and enjoy your new Best Friend.~

Rgds, NAVMAV

......My brother introduced me to DJI drones about a year ago with his Spark, <SNIP>

..... it had to be at least as good as, or better than, the Spark. <SNIP>

I've also got Adobe CC and will be uploading videos at a later date.

Of course! What are good brothers for? ?

I have the CC plan as well. I use LR Classic more than LR CC for now, but when I get a new iMac, now that they FINALLY upgraded the processors, I’ll move to a more cloud based, CC on my iPad with heavy lifting on the iMac approach. My beloved 17” MBP is great, but starting to get a bit old and my current iMac, a 2007 24” is limping along. I’m not going to replace the laptop. I got a new 12.9” iPad Pro for my mobile platform.

Congrats on that new Mavic Air, I got my Air for Christmas and love flying it. Only problem here has been horrible weather. Good luck with your new bird and fly safe.

Of course! What are good brothers for? ?

I have the CC plan as well. I use LR Classic more than LR CC for now, but when I get a new iMac, now that they FINALLY upgraded the processors, I’ll move to a more cloud based, CC on my iPad with heavy lifting on the iMac approach. My beloved 17” MBP is great, but starting to get a bit old and my current iMac, a 2007 24” is limping along. I’m not going to replace the laptop. I got a new 12.9” iPad Pro for my mobile platform.

I plan on stepping up my display for the RC. I'm using a Note8, and it's fine, but sometimes in Post I see things I missed and could have used as a POI.

My touchsmart HP from a few years ago seems to be able to keep up just fine in Premiere Pro. I preview at 1/8 and export in highest quality possible. I'm still learning about exporting for best quality, but I'm getting there.

Thanks for all the good vibes everybody!

Congrats on that new Mavic Air, I got my Air for Christmas and love flying it. Only problem here has been horrible weather. Good luck with your new bird and fly safe.

Yeah, I had great weather at first but it's been windy at higher altitudes lately (gusting 35mph at 400 feet). Living in FL though, it's not long before the weather changes. Rainy season is around the corner, so I'm trying to get as much as I can in before the weather gets nasty.

Here's to hoping for better weather for you.

Welcome to the Air family yes its an awesome drone. My summer weather is coming and the heat here makes it hard to fly in the day time, so I have to get up real early to fly come June.Some times even then its to hot as temps stay in the high 90's all night Ugggg

Had my Air a few weeks now and the few times I have had it out I was real impressed with it, weather has been hopeless since I got it so not been out as much as I hoped but hopefully now that we are supposedly in spring that will change. Enjoy your Air, it is a brilliant drone, not that I'm an expert in any shape or form.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections