DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New update for dji

Please help me understand...

To the best of my reasoning there are only two reasons why this would be a problem.
1) I am flying somewhere illegal and I don’t want to get caught.
2) I am accosted by someone who is ignorant of my legal rights and attempts to find me and chase me away from a legal fly spot.

Is there something else I am missing? If I am flying legally and no one bothers me then I don’t see why I would care if anyone knows I am flying there so long as I am not harassed.

2. Or rob you.

Reactions: durancd
Here are a couple of new videos that should help to clarify what's going on:

i wont be updating mine either
I entirely agree with you. I haven’t updated my Mavic pro for over 18 months and I’ve stopped updating the Mavic Mini also as the latest version had altitude hold problems that were not connected with props on the rear motors, but were due to the firmware update. If the update doesn’t contribute to your flying experience, don’t bother with it.

I entirely agree with you. I haven’t updated my Mavic pro for over 18 months and I’ve stopped updating the Mavic Mini also as the latest version had altitude hold problems that were not connected with props on the rear motors, but were due to the firmware update. If the update doesn’t contribute to your flying experience, don’t bother with it.

I have an MP1 as well. Other than Flysafe updates, there haven't been any firmware updates since early Sept 2018 which is 18 months ago. :)

Reactions: Myha
I have an MP1 as well. Other than Flysafe updates, there haven't been any firmware updates since early Sept 2018 which is 18 months ago. :)
Exactly, so why would anyone consider updating. I'm not!

MP1 software is mature. BTW, I just dismiss the flysafe update notification as it could only creat authorization problems.

MP1 software is mature. BTW, I just dismiss the flysafe update notification as it could only creat authorization problems.
Exactly! I have never understood others that upgrade when there is nothing to be gained - especially where the firmware has even more restrictions. I have ignored the flysafe updates also.
My attitude is that if you don't know where you can and cannot fly then you shouldn't be flying in the first place. Nice to meet someone like you that uses their brain for a change ;-)

Exactly! I have never understood others that upgrade when there is nothing to be gained - especially where the firmware has even more restrictions. I have ignored the flysafe updates also.
My attitude is that if you don't know where you can and cannot fly then you shouldn't be flying in the first place. Nice to meet someone like you that uses their brain for a change ;-)
It’s laziness on my part, but done because I have never had to get clearance through DJI and don’t want to get that started.

Last time I flew was on 7 March and it flagged up an update (I installed a previous one a couple of weeks previous) and so I installed it when I got home, to be honest I just did it and never really checked what it contained which is not usually the way I go. mI am on Android using a Huawei M8 tablet. Don't know if it's possible to roll back to previous versions, guess I need to do a search on here to check just in case I need to.

Exactly, so why would anyone consider updating. I'm not!
My point is that there haven't been any firmware updates for the MP1 for the last 18 months. You said it's been 18 months since the last time you updated. That would mean you have the latest MP1 firmware. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid