DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New use for the Mavic

Chris J

Reactions
I purchased this wonderful device with two thoughts in mind. First and foremost was to capture some of the beautiful scenery I see while backpacking in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest. Second, I do a fair bit of long range shooting and I wanted something that would allow me to see impact points well beyond distances at which a spotting scope would be any good.

Yesterday I went out with a buddy who was sighting in his M82A1 .50 BMG and figured it would be a good time to check out the spotting scope abilities of the Mavic. This was only at 500 yards due to limitations of this particular location, but you get the idea. As you can see I started off pretty far back, but I eventually worked my way in to about 20 from the target. Of course I don't need to be that close while firing, the real purpose is to just quickly check impact marks on the target between shots. This is going to come in very handy when I start taking 1+ mile shots. :D

Fast forward to about 1:25 for the action.

Was that some sort of incendiary round on that first shot?

If I had access to this type of land I'd have all types of fun firearms! Ive had some cool Class III stuff but ended up selling it all bc shooting it at an indoor range isnt really that great. I recently fought the urge to get a Sig MPX by remembering why I sold all my other stuff to begin with....

It was, actually...either a tracer of incendiary round. It was a surprise to us though as these were factory reloads and they were not marked as either tracer of incendiary. Sure am glad it was wet out!

Unfortunately in WA I can't have any Class III toys. Best I can manage is an SBR and some toys with suppressors.

Nice job, exactly what i bought mine for at first! Thought well this is going to come in handy out shooting far away! Saves a ton of time going to check targets, makes sighting in scopes much easier to!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_