DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New yesterday.

Stephen Otto

Reactions
I am still not sure of the navigation on this forum.
So SD Card not recognised. I followed all of the instructions and advice, but no, still no SD Card recognised. I bought 2 new 128gb cards, formatted them on the PC and still it says 'no SD Card? Can not format in the drone because no SD Card to format.
I am lost now, except for reset to Factory Settings. I have seen how this can be done, but should I do it? Are all of the software/firmware upgrades still available? I don't just want to throw it away.

Steve.

Welcome from the future lol
1. DJI recommends UHS-I SD cards, with a minimum writing speed of 30MB/s and a maximum capacity of 256Gb. I have problems with some SD cards.
I am using The San disc Image mate pro 128g card. great card, make sure the card you are using has the little u with the 3 in the middle and it will have a little v30 symbol on it somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: mereflyer
I am still not sure of the navigation on this forum.
So SD Card not recognised. I followed all of the instructions and advice, but no, still no SD Card recognised. I bought 2 new 128gb cards, formatted them on the PC and still it says 'no SD Card? Can not format in the drone because no SD Card to format.
I am lost now, except for reset to Factory Settings. I have seen how this can be done, but should I do it? Are all of the software/firmware upgrades still available? I don't just want to throw it away.

Steve.
Quick couple of questions if you don't mind.... Which drone? and what controller?
Did you format them on the PC first and then insert into the drone?

Welcome from the future lol
1. DJI recommends UHS-I SD cards, with a minimum writing speed of 30MB/s and a maximum capacity of 256Gb. I have problems with some SD cards.
I am using The San disc Image mate pro 128g card. great card, make sure the card you are using has the little u with the 3 in the middle and it will have a little v30 symbol on it somewhere.
San Disc is all I used before. I have 5 x 64gb Cards that always worked fine until now. The new 128gb cards are Apacer Class 10. I am at a loss unless I do a Factory Reset.
Thankyou Cafguy.

Steve.

Quick couple of questions if you don't mind.... Which drone? and what controller?
OK Felix. The drone is a Mavic Pro, bought before 2017. The controller model says GL200A.
Now I formatted one 64gb Card on my PC. The controller says "no SD Card"
Can not format on the drone because "no SD Card"

OK Felix. The drone is a Mavic Pro, bought before 2017. The controller model says GL200A.
Now I formatted one 64gb Card on my PC. The controller says "no SD Card"
Can not format on the drone because "no SD Card"
Is it because I am 300 meters inside an Air Force geofence?

Steve.

Steve.
If you format a microSD card on a PC it creates a file system that is different to the DJI standard, this can cause the bird to not recognise the card. I've always taken the new card out of the blister pack, put it straight into the drone SD card bay and formatted it through the flight app. Do you have older microSD's that you've used in the drone before? If so, try them again and see if the bird recognises them.

Being inside any FRZ will only stop your drone from being able to take off, you can still do the interface/maintenance stuff.

Reactions: mereflyer
If you format a microSD card on a PC it creates a file system that is different to the DJI standard, this can cause the bird to not recognise the card. I've always taken the new card out of the blister pack, put it straight into the drone SD card bay and formatted it through the flight app. Do you have older microSD's that you've used in the drone before? If so, try them again and see if the bird recognises them.

Being inside any FRZ will only stop your drone from being able to take off, you can still do the interface/maintenance stuff.
I have older SD Cards (5) that have been formatted before. FAT 32 and now exFat.
The 2 new 128gb I tested in the drone - no SD Card. So I formatted them, but I get the same result.
It is looking like a factory reset.
Who has done this reset before, and what issues are there? I am worried that the uploads from scratch will just kill the drone forever.

I have older SD Cards (5) that have been formatted before. FAT 32 and now exFat.
The 2 new 128gb I tested in the drone - no SD Card. So I formatted them, but I get the same result.
Who has done this reset before, and what issues are there? I am worried that the uploads from scratch will just kill the drone forever.
Off the top of my head (I'll have to check the official mav. pro spec sheet later) the original Mavic Pro only supported 64gb max. This might explain the problem.

Reactions: Torque
Off the top of my head (I'll have to check the official mav. pro spec sheet later) the original Mavic Pro only supported 64gb max. This might explain the problem.
Yes it was 64gb max. That is what the other SD cards were. It all worked fine, even earlier this year. This month has been the problem. Maybe if I find a 16mg card and test?

Yes it was 64gb max. That is what the other SD cards were. It all worked fine, even earlier this year. This month has been the problem. Maybe if I find a 16mg card and test?
Just had a Dekko on the DJI archive for senior drones, I stand corrected, they list 128gb as the max for the Pro and the Pro Platinum.
Here's a suggestion that might sort out whether the problem lies with the SD cards or the drone. Stick 'em in your PC card reader and transfer a bunch of photos from your pictures folder to the cards. Then reinsert them back into the PC and see if those images are stored on the SD's. If they are: then start looking into what might be wrong with the drones guts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephen Otto
A too slow SD card will bring up a card too slow warning message.
That shouldn't make any difference, and certainly won't stop an SD card from being recognised.
No .. not at all
There are things that a factory reset might fix.
But the issue of a card not being recognised is not one of them.
Don't waste your time and effort.

Last edited:
Yes it was 64gb max. That is what the other SD cards were. It all worked fine, even earlier this year. This month has been the problem.
Are you saying that 64Gb cards, that previously worked in the drone, no longer work in the drone?

Last edited:
Go ahead an do the Factory Reset , just to rule that out, but most likely the pins inside the SD have been pushed to far in , This SD card slot is from my experience very fragile and no drone is ever the same.

I have 3 mavic 3 each one the SD card depth is slightly different, the SD card slot on the Mavic 3 Pro is Awesome i can use my finger . The Mavic 3 Classic needs a Pin as I cannot get it to go inside , the inset. is to deep. The original Mavic 3 is the worst, I sometime wonder if I am pushing so hard I am going to damage the SD card as I find myself pushing it with more force.

Dont be surprised if that part is no longer working , today I send back the drones that dont have an easy operating SD card slot..with spring action.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water , and look for a springy SD card .

Last edited:
Just had a Dekko on the DJI archive for senior drones, I stand corrected, they list 128gb as the max for the Pro and the Pro Platinum.
Here's a suggestion that might sort out whether the problem lies with the SD cards or the drone. Stick 'em in your PC card reader and transfer a bunch of photos from your pictures folder to the cards. Then reinsert them back into the PC and see if those images are stored on the SD's. If they are: then start looking into what might be wrong with the drones guts.
Just tracked down the original user manual (first release - v.1) and originally: the Pro did only support 64gb max. So give the older SD cards a try, if they still work and if your bird is still running on early firmware, this limit might not have been increased to 128gb. Maybe this is the source of the problem?

It would sound like the SD card port might be bad. You may need to send it in to DJI for service. It's hard to believe you have that many bad SD cards that it won't recognize.

I leave the SD in the drone & transfer files to pc via cable. After transfer I format the SD through explorer. Works every time & no stress on card or drone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760