DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New York City Flying

etrosty

Reactions
Hey guys I live about 10 minutes drive from New York City and often go to Brooklyn. I just got a mavic about two weeks ago and am pretty new to this website. I cannot find anything about flying in Brooklyn. I have watched Casey Neistat vlogs and noticed that he flies in Manhattan, but when I read online I found out that he is technically not allowed to. I am mostly concerned about the Brooklyn area, however. Does anyone know how legal it is to fly there?

Reactions: DaveO
Hey guys I live about 10 minutes drive from New York City and often go to Brooklyn. I just got a mavic about two weeks ago and am pretty new to this website. I cannot find anything about flying in Brooklyn. I have watched Casey Neistat vlogs and noticed that he flies in Manhattan, but when I read online I found out that he is technically not allowed to. I am mostly concerned about the Brooklyn area, however. Does anyone know how legal it is to fly there?

Download Kittyhawk. It has a good real time map. You should also get a current FAA Sectional map. Do you know how to read sectional maps? If not, take the time to learn. It's really important especially in populated areas where everywhere seems to be in Class B or C airspace.

Download Kittyhawk. It has a good real time map. You should also get a current FAA Sectional map. Do you know how to read sectional maps? If not, take the time to learn. It's really important especially in populated areas where everywhere seems to be in Class B or C airspace.

Ok I'll take a look at the sectional map. I also heard throughout the boroughs there are only certain flying locations, specifically parks, to fly RC equipment. Is that true?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi