DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newark airport shut down in US due to drone sightings

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/22/us/newark-drone-sightings/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

Flights into and out of New Jersey's Newark Liberty International Airport were disrupted... drones were reported over the smaller regional airport some 15 miles away.
The two drones were flying at 3,500 feet and have since cleared the airspace over the airport, Martin said.
While I doubt that there were drones at that height in those weather conditions the fact that they closed an airport 15 miles away seems idiotic. Do hobby drones have that kind of range?

While I doubt that there were drones at that height in those weather conditions the fact that they closed an airport 15 miles away seems idiotic. Do hobby drones have that kind of range?
The airspace they were sighted in is pretty much the middle of the departure corridor for 4L/4R, or the approach area for 22R/22L at KEWR. It has nothing to do with the range of the drone, just the airspace they were operating in.

Last edited:
Reactions: jagraphics

Which weather conditions? #106

Have you read any of the details surrounding this incident? Bloomberg

The airspace they were sighted in is pretty much the middle of the departure corridor for 4L/4R, or the approach area for 22R/22 at KEWR. It has nothing to do with the range of the drone, just the airspace they were operating in.
That makes some sense.

Just what I read on this forum. I thought some people were saying that it was really windy up there.

Do not trust random stuff on forums. That's why I posted the METARs from that time and the link to coverage of the pilot reports.

As you wish: ...................... (take as much as you want)

Only to make clear my point of view: Your and some others attitude is like in the politics showing that only your opinion is the right one. I find this discussion quite interesting because the development of it shows some interesting facettes.
It is free to you not to participate in this discussion, you only have to close your browser but showing your desinterest and write it down as an universally valid opinion is the behavior of a small minded individual only accepting his own thoughts.

I would never presume that my opinion is more valid the yours

Last edited:
As stated by others Google or a YT search will show you any number of these videos. Grow up and get a life.

Sorry but you are mistaken because mavic never reached 3,500 feet. Can you say 1,2,3...………...

You tell him. It's completely unacceptable that whoever posted that was not aware of your evidentiary requirements, and did not realize that you are incapable of using a search engine.
You have been reported for incenting hate.

You tell him. It's completely unacceptable that whoever posted that was not aware of your evidentiary requirements, and did not realize that you are incapable of using a search engine.
You have been reported for incenting hate

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998