DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie- can't get new mavic to fly

just got new mavic pro. Can't get it to fly. It appears that I'm in e5 airspace. It says proceed with caution. It looks like the mavic is launching On the controller, and shows movement but drone is still on ground. I. Can't get it to launch. Help. I've downloaded the go 4 app. Registered it. Says "ready to fly". I haven't calibrated the drone and can't figure out how. Is this an airspace issue or a drone issue. Obviously probably pilot error, but where do I start? I've watched the videos on the go 4 app. No help.
When you started the APP and got ready to fly did a 9 question test pop up and did you do it?

I've flown on North Myrtle Beach in May and was able to enjoy it only after a call to the airport and unlocking the NFZ through the Go-4 app and an internet connection. The airport folks were very helpful asked where I was exactly and told me when to look out for the banner planes towing advertisement banners. They suggested I stay under 300 ft. to avoid problems.

One thing I did notice is that it was OK to fly towards Myrtle Beach, but if I flew the other direction (North), it wasn't long before I hit a NFZ barrier that would not let me continue. I figured that since the airport was only 1.5 mi. away inland to the north, I was headed toward the red circle and simple unlocking wouldn't get me clearance to fly in that area. That was no problem. I still had a great time flying over the water up and down the beach!

Last edited:
thank goodness they have the ability to prevent flying in red NFZ,especially for those that disregard this zone and try flying into it.

Thanks. Good app to add to my phone and check before flying.
It has a nice simple interface, I pull it up when somebody wants to know if I have "Permission" to fly in the area. The official FAA Shield when you start the app is pretty clear proof you know what you are talking about.

Reactions: Big Jon
I took sun rise pictures at Cherry Grove SC back in July with the Phantom 4 and I think it was a class E Airport.
ATC approval is needed only when flying within the lateral boundaries of a Class E airport at 700 feet AGL or 1200 AGL well below the 400 foot limit and not needing ATC approval.

Attachments

• DJI_0044.JPG
    DJI_0044.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 11
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d