DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from Houston

Trea

Reactions
Hey everybody,

I'm a complete newbie who has always wanted a drone and finally got one. I won a Mavic Air Fly More bundle in at a work conference! I haven't had a chance to fly it but I have been watching lots of videos and doing a good bit of reading. I hope to take my first flight in the next day or two. Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for such a great resource. I'm looking forward to learning and having a lot of fun.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Which area of Houston are you in? I am considering bringing my bird with me to Pearland next time I visit my son.

Hey everybody,

I'm a complete newbie who has always wanted a drone and finally got one. I won a Mavic Air Fly More bundle in at a work conference! I haven't had a chance to fly it but I have been watching lots of videos and doing a good bit of reading. I hope to take my first flight in the next day or two. Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for such a great resource. I'm looking forward to learning and having a lot of fun.
Hi, same with me! Well, I didn't win mine! I have the Mavic Air. I attempted the set up yesterday. question, are there any settings that I need to pay attention to prior to my first flight? ie. calibrations and the like. Happy flying!

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Welcome. Glad to read you are doing the homework before performing your first few flights. You may likely know this (?) be sure to practice in a wide open space. If you find the controls a little to responsive checkout YouTube regarding Sensitivity setting. Ed Ricker does a good video explaining these (Best Settings).

This may help you learn a bit and get rid of the jitters . . . welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Trea
Thanks everyone. I took my first couple of flights today and managed not to break anything. My biggest takeaway was that I have a lot to learn. Secondly, this is so much fun!

Reactions: SandiSCE
Hey everybody,

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Trea
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan