DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from South Wales, UK.

bobwright422

Reactions
Hi everyone, and greetings from the land of song and...cloud, rain, fog. Its been a pretty crap year weather wise so far, surely it can only get better....
I bought my Mini 2 just before Christmas and have just discovered this forum - looks to be pretty useful, so here goes, I'm going to try and pick your brains.
Earlier today I was out for a quick self training flight in fields near home when i got the warning message,
"Your devices CPU is full. Performance may be affected" or words to that effect.
I'm assuming that the message refers to my mobile (iphone 6s plus) which does have a lot of photos stored.
In my mini2 I have a 64gb Scandisk micro SD which had only about 5gb images stored.
Any advice or info please?
If this is the wrong place to ask, please excuse me, its my first time and i'm a total technophobe.

Hiya. Welcome to th forum from Yorkshire. ??

The CPU means central processing unit, so it’s the brain in your phone. It doesn’t really have anything to do with the memory. I would assume that the message means the phone is running too much software at once. Were you running anything else App wise?

Have a read on this thread on the DJI forum. "Mobile Device CPU fully loaded" message...?

Last edited:
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland bobwright422.

I have flown a Spark and a MA2 with a Wi-Fi iPad mini4 for the past four years.

I used to get the message when I would run a screen recorder at the same time while flying, which would be understandable.

But lately with the Fly app, my mini4 is displaying the message constantly, and I'm not using the screen recorder, so I guess the app is power hungry.

I HAVE NOT had any performance issues yet, but I have been thinking about upgrading to a mini5 or other tablet.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

@bobwright422 welcome to the forum
it means that the device CPU is having a hard time running the Fly App, the DJI apps take up a lot of the processors system during use, and you really need to have a dedicated device for the drone if you can, or at the very least make sure that as much as possible of background stuff is disabled

@bobwright422 welcome to the forum
it means that the device CPU is having a hard time running the Fly App, the DJI apps take up a lot of the processors system during use, and you really need to have a dedicated device for the drone if you can, or at the very least make sure that as much as possible of background stuff is disabled
Thanks for that. I'll check it out.

Thanks for that, Ill check it out.

Hiya. Welcome to th forum from Yorkshire. ??

The CPU means central processing unit, so it’s the brain in your phone. It doesn’t really have anything to do with the memory. I would assume that the message means the phone is running too much software at once. Were you running anything else App wise?

Have a read on this thread on the DJI forum. "Mobile Device CPU fully loaded" message...?
I try to close everything else but I'll check it out.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from another Welshman, also from South Wales. What part are you from? Maybe we can meet up the next time I get home for a holiday, if the world ever gets back to normal. When using the iphone, make sure you have turned it to airplane mode as well. I used to use my 6 when flying my Mavic. Pro. I have a M2 Pro now and use a smart controller, so much nicer.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots