DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from Virginia

Welcome! You'll likely find a lot of your answers by researching and reading through the forums, but don't be afraid to ask. There are a lot of knowledgable long-time pilots–both professional and recreational within this forum.

welcome to the forum you will find many many answers to your questions here,use the search function, and if that does not get you a result ,just ask what you would like to know

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Virginia Beach area myself. Hit me up if in this area.
I work in Virginia Beach.Live in Norfolk.I have a Mavic air and was looking for others to fly with.Kinda difficult in this area with all the restrictions.I am a member of the Tidewater VA UAS/UAV drone club but their meetings are always in Williamsburg which is a little inconvenient.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I have found a few spots in the area. Using Airmap and B4UFLY apps help. Chicks Beach, Mt. Trashmore, Sandbridge, sometimes the oceanfront and out past Creeds towards Moyock are a few places. There are minor gaps that allow flying here and there. I live right outside of Oceana so I know the frustration. Anytime you want to get together on the weekend I'm game. I'd like to try out past Suffolk sometime and Nags Head/OB also.

I have found a few spots in the area. Using Airmap and B4UFLY apps help. Chicks Beach, Mt. Trashmore, Sandbridge, sometimes the oceanfront and out past Creeds towards Moyock are a few places. There are minor gaps that allow flying here and there. I live right outside of Oceana so I know the frustration. Anytime you want to get together on the weekend I'm game. I'd like to try out past Suffolk sometime and Nags Head/OB also.
Sounds good.I was actually thinking of the Suffolk area as well.I would like to find a large wide open spot that I can fly out as far as I can see to kinda test the distance of my Air.

The area is just outside a warning/restricted zone from the aviation museum and I never have problems except on some weekends. The planes sometimes fly below 400ft even with high visibility. I fly out past Pungo Ferry bridge towards Moyock. Mt Trashmore is okay but not much scenery and sometimes packed with people. Chicks beach by Lesner bridge on Shore Drive is another place although I have seen planes from the Norfolk International fly below 400-500 as well. One tip I do is browse around AirMap Web App and look for any areas outside of a NFZ.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Welcome to the forum bilbet9 . . . ask any question that can't be found by searching. Our community is yours.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000