DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie here

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland profgump.

I'm biased and would say get the MA2, because I recently purchased one myself. ?

I've had the Spark for three years and I'm still learning about the MA2.

With the Spark and MA2 you have to switch between the camera or video so I assume it's the same for the MM. But you can always pull a still frame from a video although it may not be as crisp?

With the MM up to 2.7K and the MA2 up to 4K video, the stills should look better than the 1080p.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hi, from Hauptmann, who flies the friendly skies of Texas.

Whichever one you choose, you'll be welcome here., and you won't be sorry. They're both super machines with good cameras. If it were me choosing?......It's not me. Go with your gut. They're both winners in my book.

Thanks for joining!

Welcome, I got here with a mini and now own a Air 2 as well. The answer to your question is it depends, you always have the option to switch from video to a picture but that's it takes time and ends the video. However, you can take a still from a video in post... but its never as good as the pic.

Also, my two cents mini is awesome, but if you can afford the extra for a air and deal with a bit bigger drone that you need to register.. go for it.

I’m looking at getting the mini or the Mav air 2. In curious..while filming a video is there the option to take still shots or do I have to change the mode?

thanks

You can't take a still whilst videoing with the MA2 (pretty much like most cameras I guess). You have to switch between the two. But very easy to do. Unless your video is a time lapse - in which case the video is just x number of individual photos stitched together.

Reactions: Hauptmann
You can't take a still whilst videoing with the MA2 (pretty much like most cameras I guess). You have to switch between the two. But very easy to do. Unless your video is a time lapse - in which case the video is just x number of individual photos stitched together.
With newer phone models you actually CAN snap a picture while filming video, just by pushing the shutter button while filming.

i don’t believe you can with the Mavic. However, you CAN pull a frame of the video and if you’re filming at 4K, that’s a 3840 x 2160 picture which should be enough resolution for almost anything unless you plan on zooming in a lot and cropping.

I’m looking at getting the mini or the Mav air 2. In curious..while filming a video is there the option to take still shots or do I have to change the mode?

thanks
Mavic 2 and it's definitely user friendly. Stay at 100-200ft. at first, go slow, don't go more then 1500 ft. MOST CRASHES HAPPEN LOWER THEN 100 FT.

MOST CRASHES HAPPEN LOWER THEN 100 FT.

Only because most of the things you're likely to crash into are below 100ft! It's not the height, specifically, that's the problem but rather the availability of hard surfaces.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome from Southern California! I started with a cheap Amazon drone and got a Mav Mini. It’s a great little thing but the Air 2 is much more capable. It depends on your budget!

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78