DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie Mavic Pro

BlackWing1800

Reactions
Hello everyone, I've been here a few months now. The MP I have will be the 3rd drone (Really drone) I've bought. I'm central Oklahoma area. and I'm seeing nobody else around that has a drone, unless I drive 100+ miles.
My first drone was a MA fly more pack (seating on a self now), I used it about 25 times and figured I'd get me a MP (Drone #2 longer flight time). I like to fish, the person I bought it from had a Fishing drop clip on the drone, Used it 20 times, LOST THE DRONE!!!! No good, Now I'm on my 3rd MP, I'm going to try and not do that again!!

Reactions: allenface
Well in case everyone here try’s to welcome you all at once lol, welcome to the site. I haven’t been here long myself but long enough to know that there’s a lot of useful information and tips on this site. Sometimes that information is better accessed by using the search function and reading as a lurker though. I wish you better luck with your Mavic this time around, fly safe and often.

Hi Blackwing, in undecided, do u like the Pro or do you wish you got the Zoom?

Thanks!
Dave

Welcome, and wish you no more failures with your MP, what happen to the other one that you lost it?
I took my Drone fishing as I was flying the bait out a noticed that it was gaining altitude so I tapped the down button one time kneel down to slow the reel down because it looked as though is birdnesting and I heard a splash. After sending all my data to DJI they sent back an said that because I had something hanging from the bottom of the drone it was thinking it was so close to the ground and I wanted to land when I hit the down button, even though I was traveling 22 miles per hour in the forward Direction, all at the same time.

Hi Blackwing, in undecided, do u like the Pro or do you wish you got the Zoom?

Thanks!
Dave
I do like the Pro, but I did have a Mavic Air, they have the Sensor's on the back. I did like this. The MP doesn't have them. If I had the money back that I'd already spent in the three I've bought I'd go with th MP2 or the Zoom. Because the have the 25 plus mins of fly time and front, bottom and back Sensor's.

Reactions: Kb8mcz
I like to fish, I bought it from had a Fishing drop clip on the drone, Used it 20 times, LOST THE DRONE!!!!

You're supposed to unclip it BEFORE catching the fish, doh !!
Or was it a flying fish ??

Anyway, lesson learned, too much tension when flying out the drone will probably try and push forward, lift up dragging line.

It'd be interesting to see the flight log analysis, and any cached video, see what the aircraft went through.
If you have them and are interested to know this too, please post them (video via youtube, txt file via PhantomHelp <link).

You're supposed to unclip it BEFORE catching the fish, doh !!
Or was it a flying fish ??

Anyway, lesson learned, too much tension when flying out the drone will probably try and push forward, lift up dragging line.

It'd be interesting to see the flight log analysis, and any cached video, see what the aircraft went through.
If you have them and are interested to know this too, please post them (video via youtube, txt file via PhantomHelp <link).
There was no vid, and I was just flying it out and dropping the bait 400 plus ft out.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
There was no vid, and I was just flying it out and dropping the bait 400 plus ft out.

Fair enough, a flight of practical use of the drone :)

Flight log would be interesting though, if you are keen to see how the drone reacted.
Could be useful to glean anything useful if continuing such bait drops with the new bird.

Hello everyone, I've been here a few months now. The MP I have will be the 3rd drone (Really drone) I've bought. I'm central Oklahoma area. and I'm seeing nobody else around that has a drone, unless I drive 100+ miles.
My first drone was a MA fly more pack (seating on a self now), I used it about 25 times and figured I'd get me a MP (Drone #2 longer flight time). I like to fish, the person I bought it from had a Fishing drop clip on the drone, Used it 20 times, LOST THE DRONE!!!! No good, Now I'm on my 3rd MP, I'm going to try and not do that again!!
Funny or not so...I just lost my drone by NOT hitting the RTH button when she got out of eye sight. I got disoriented and literally flew her further away where she hit a tree and came down a half a mile deep in the woods. I did about everything wrong. Now I will calibrate the compass, activate all sensors, make sure homing beacon is activated and more importantly, pay attention.
I was able to secure a new body, since I have so many accessories I didn’t want to change out to a different machine.
Lesson learned.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078