DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie needs an help reg IMU

Prasan0211

Reactions
Did an firmware update and compass calibration on my new mavic,it asked for an IMU calibration aswell,once i finished the Imu it asked me to go back to camera or restart aircraft,first did aircraft restart but the aircraft remains on,Did it manually restart and IMU still remains error after many calibrations.
Once its said ready to go with gps and i tried to auto take off,if went 1.8 m up and swings left and right and crashed right away,broke 2 propellers,please help me what to do for right way to fly

Before you calibrate the IMU, did you observe the surrounding area? is there any objects that can be interferenced with your Mavic, such as metal beam, concrete etc. Also unfold all arms of your mavic during the IMU and Compass calibration. Hope this will help

Reactions: Prasan0211
Thanks jtatuhey for the reply,there was a metal beam far away,nothing near,anyway will try it tomorrow in a different spot,have to do compass calibration first or IMU ?

The IMU calibration is not affected by nearby objects.
You need a level surface that can't be accidentally bumped while it goes through the stages.

You can't do the IMU with arms unfolded
You can't do the compass with arms folded

Reactions: jtatuhey
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet