Get the most from your Mavic
Join thousands of Mavic owners helping each other
Join Us Now

Newbie Question (Forward Sensor Calibration)

timesnaps

Reaction score
As the title says, I like to know whats the correct way to calibrate the forward sensors. Just had a successful first flight, but before that I had this warning message. When I tried to calibrate, according to the instructions, didnt work. I tried a few times actually holding the Mavic in different ways, but no luck. In the end I decided to ignore it, as I was flying in a very open space.

But I would still like to get to the bottom of this. The screen looks like in the attached file. Not even sure how you get to this menu (I had accessed it from the warning message)

Thanks for any answers

Attachments

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Here's a good how-to video:

hammer73

Reaction score
thanks, I know (and watched) this video, but it doesnt address the problem I am having in not getting it calibrated according to the on screen instruction
If you use a laptop screen.... have you tried another monitor?

timesnaps

Reaction score
There is no mention of using a monitor, and according to the attached screenshot it also doesnt make sense.

timesnaps

Reaction score
OK, little update here:

So, after getting fed up with the error message (which didnt seem to affect flight or take off ability), I tried it again. This time using part of the floor in the house. I pointed the Mavic downward with his forward sensors. Had to draw about 5 squares, but eventually said it successfully calibrated.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sailol