DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yuppie

Reactions
Just wanted to say hello, hopefully Santa is bring me a Mavic 2 zoom tomorrow. so I'm looking for suggestions for a case / backpack to keep it in ?
thanks
yuppie

You lucky fella... Beautiful countryside up there.
Like yourself I'm a newbie.
As for a back pack there's plenty out there... Surf the net you'll find lots of choices.
If you don't know the laws of flying then here's few links to sites that will help you understand.

Unmanned aircraft and drones | UK Civil Aviation Authority

Drone code - Dronesafe

Also insurance in my opinion is a must...especially with the Mavic 2 for that's a really expensive piece of kit.

Here's another link for insurance.

FPV UK - Flying Model Aircraft and Drone Membership, Advice & Support

For £20 It covers you for £5m liability just incase your drone drops outa the sky and lands on someone's head etc etc BUT obviously if your flying outside the law then your policy will not cover you.
You can further that policy for water damage and total loss so read up on the site.

Get a few accessories such as spare batteries and propellers...the batteries are a must for you'll only average about 25-30min ish up there with the wind... More flying time on a nice clear day though...I think the 2 holds upto 41min on a good day.
YouTube is a good place to info on all of your drones cans and can't do's so jump on that gravy train.

You'll find it all confusing at first but don't worry it'll all slot into place with the education that's out there.

Oh DON'T FLY INSIDE!!! I made that mistake and it cost me a few propps and a bruised arm after doing great save for it was heading towards my TV.
Be patient is the key.

Have fun dude,fly safe and share what you shoot/video.
I've climbed Ben a few times and cone summer I'll be up there again,with my drone this time too....amazing views up there.
Welcome and Happy Christmas [emoji319]

Last edited:
Hi Tazbone thanks all that great advice, I am also hoping Santa brings the fly more pack.
Not sure wether I should go with dji refresh or drone insurance ?
But once again thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Hi Tazbone thanks all that great advice, I am also hoping Santa brings the fly more pack.
Not sure wether I should go with dji refresh or drone insurance ?
But once again thanks for pointing me in the right direction
I too was thinking about the refresh but not sure if it covers water damage...too late for me now anyways for I think one only has 48hrs to hook onto it.
I'll be going for FlyIcarus come spring/Sumner....it cost's £69 and covers the water damage and total loss.
You have to be a member of FPVUK to qualify for the £69 policy...something to do with a 50% discount.
That's in one of the links I sent you.
Anyways dude the ale is calling...and maybe a chick too... Fingers crossed.. so have a goodn fella [emoji482]

Once thanks. Well you enjoy and have a beer or 2 for me. I’m working all through Xmas so no or ‍ for me

Paramedic for my sins
In another life I've worked alongside you lads....Nothing but respect for you.
Your kind will be rewarded for the often unpraised work you do.
Hope the big guy dropped off some goodies in reference to your new toy too.
Good on ya.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique