DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newcomer from Colorado

MikeFreeland

Reactions
From Parker, Colorado I send greetings. (Pick a greeting - lots available - and pretend I sent it.)

I bought a P3S back in May from a friend and flew it trepidaciously (sp?) for a bit. That friend is a wilderness canoeist, who tried to take the phantom with him on back country canoe trips in a huge orange waterproof case, and got some spectacular shots (primarily stills), but it was just too big and cumbersome. He bought the Mavic Pro and I took his P3S.

Then I saw him a few weeks ago in rural Massachusetts and took one look at his Pro and immediately got a terminal case of the gotta-have-its. Terminal, yes, but with a cure: I knew that to save my own life I needed to act SOON but Pro? Air? Spark?

I settled on the Air, but really envy a few things on the Pro, notably the exposure wheel and display screen on the RC, but the thing that tipped the scales for me was the extra $300 or so for the Pro over the Air. I got the Flymore bundle (But wait! call now and we'll double your order! Just pay for it!) and I'm glad I did. The abbreviated 21-minute (15 if you fool around with settings and stuff as I always seem to do) makes those extra batteries worth their weight in footballs. Maybe they'll improve that over time.

I'm a professional videographer (NO WEDDINGS! Classical and choral concerts mainly, as well as stage plays and musicals), so I don't know how I can use this thing in my business. It makes a great steady cam, but the idea of running around a concert hall holding up a drone (without voicing "Neeeeeowwww") seems silly. Osmo here I come. Suffice it to say, though, I'll deduct it.

Glad to be aboard!

Mike

Reactions: dirkclod
From Parker, Colorado I send greetings. (Pick a greeting - lots available - and pretend I sent it.)

I bought a P3S back in May from a friend and flew it trepidaciously (sp?) for a bit. That friend is a wilderness canoeist, who tried to take the phantom with him on back country canoe trips in a huge orange waterproof case, and got some spectacular shots (primarily stills), but it was just too big and cumbersome. He bought the Mavic Pro and I took his P3S.

Then I saw him a few weeks ago in rural Massachusetts and took one look at his Pro and immediately got a terminal case of the gotta-have-its. Terminal, yes, but with a cure: I knew that to save my own life I needed to act SOON but Pro? Air? Spark?

I settled on the Air, but really envy a few things on the Pro, notably the exposure wheel and display screen on the RC, but the thing that tipped the scales for me was the extra $300 or so for the Pro over the Air. I got the Flymore bundle (But wait! call now and we'll double your order! Just pay for it!) and I'm glad I did. The abbreviated 21-minute (15 if you fool around with settings and stuff as I always seem to do) makes those extra batteries worth their weight in footballs. Maybe they'll improve that over time.

I'm a professional videographer (NO WEDDINGS! Classical and choral concerts mainly, as well as stage plays and musicals), so I don't know how I can use this thing in my business. It makes a great steady cam, but the idea of running around a concert hall holding up a drone (without voicing "Neeeeeowwww") seems silly. Osmo here I come. Suffice it to say, though, I'll deduct it.

Glad to be aboard!

Mike
Howdy from Wyoming @MikeFreeland , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.40805

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, it is a great little machine, love mine. Fly safe and have fun!

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54