DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newest homemade landing pad.

Put my laser printer to work on this wood landing pad.

I actually made it in anticipation of my Skydio 2 to land on
but works great with the Mavic also.

I added some rubber feet right behind the camera on the mavic
to land on instead of landing on its front legs.

View attachment 83852View attachment 83853
LOooks to be to small a landing area , looks like the land feet over hand and it lands on the gimble .Or am I missing something?

Reactions: careless
He added rubber feet under the front part of the body, (its writen in his post) Which is a great idea.
Some very good Ideas here, Lookin Good!!

Reactions: leenanj
I just use my carry case to launch and then hand catch. I have a pad but have never needed it.

Excellent job. I would have bought this before the one I have. Mine has to be staked down 90% of the time because it’s too light.

I've made several of these at work, however this is my first attempt at something more portable. I know that there are lighter options, some guys use floor mats, some hand launch/recover, some ever use a river, tree or tall building. I prefer this 3/4" plastic because it will not blow away, keeps the drone off of wet ground and helps to level out uneven terrain. My problem though was that a 24" pad was awkward to carry long distance. So I came up with this. The circle is 16" and I use it on calm days. The green extention ring makes it a 24" pad and is used on windy days. The nice thing about it, is it fits in a backpack with my other gear. View attachment 83784View attachment 83785View attachment 83786

Portability is key. state the size so buyer's can measure the inside of their packs, offer a pouch to clip on outside of backpack. make it expandable, ie.. add more outer rings for larger aircraft, add a place in the center area to install a small strobe light for night time

Some very useful landing pads cost around $15. For the time and effort I thinks it's common sense to go buy one. Or is it a fashion statement.?
its about interacting with a hobby. Not everyone needs to buy all their gear because its cheap. Some like to get hands on and innovate. Its enjoyable and can produce some great results as the OP has shown

Portability is key. state the size so buyer's can measure the inside of their packs, offer a pouch to clip on outside of backpack. make it expandable, ie.. add more outer rings for larger aircraft, add a place in the center area to install a small strobe light for night time

Not sure the OP wasnt pimping this to buyers. He was showing us what he has managed to design and build. Im sure there are members here that learn from this, which is why we are here, and some may offer to purchase one if the OP was willing. Maybe Im just reading your post in the wrong way, but it seems you are making demands from the bloke that was just showing us what he made

Reactions: JimR78
I just laser engraved and hand painted a landing pad. It fun to make your own stuff sometimes. I think I can do better and will start doing another on soon.

Reactions: AnzacJack
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998