DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Next after Mavic mini..

Yup I'm fixing mine too, tried 2 cables which failed, so got a used gimbal with cable off eBay, only to discover the plate also needs replacing. Got one coming soon so hopefully ties that one off.

Reactions: Saigondroner
Yup I'm fixing mine too, tried 2 cables which failed, so got a used gimbal with cable off eBay, only to discover the plate also needs replacing. Got one coming soon so hopefully ties that one off.

You are a patient man indeed. I preferred repairing starter selenoids, timing belts, and regearing front motorcycle sprockets.

I picked up the Mavic Air (arriving today) mainly due to the better camera and ability to handle wind. Looking forward to the Air! I’m going to sell my Mavic Mini so if anyone is one is interested I’m going to post to classified. It’s basically brand new.

Mavic Air has 4K video and much better low light capabilities (and better wind resistance) but costs about twice a Mavic Mini... not sure it is worth it unless you really need those features.

Funny you mention that! Not the M1P, but a repro of my NY eve’s mission, when LEO’s were enforcing an NFZ.

I just flew an unscathed 21min M2P waypoint mission this AM, and lost all RC contact for 13:35 minutes..

So you could start the waypoint mission and literally turn off the controller and turn it back on for landing?

I just bought a 4 month old Mavic 2 Pro, it came with 3 batteries, a nice case ( not the fly more case), chagers, controller and a package of Polar ND Filters for $1000 even.....it even and DJI Refresh on it until June of this year so if you keep your eyes open you may find a good deal like that and then it's not much more $$ to upgrade....Just a thought. Good luck!

Reactions: pelagic_one
So you could start the waypoint mission and literally turn off the controller and turn it back on for landing?

Affirmative...I have done it, but there is no real reason to do it.

The key is to ensure the AC is configured to perform correctly. I have never used ‘Smart RTH’ nor will I ever. It is much more important to plan one’s power budget before flight. Yesterday morning, I made it back from 3km safely with ~12% battery. I consider that improper. My downrange spotter helped, but AC was AWOL for 815 seconds, 13 min.

In all candor, losing all radio comms for 1 minute feels like 1 entire day.

I just bought a 4 month old Mavic 2 Pro, it came with 3 batteries, a nice case ( not the fly more case), chagers, controller and a package of Polar ND Filters for $1000 even.....it even and DJI Refresh on it until June of this year so if you keep your eyes open you may find a good deal like that and then it's not much more $$ to upgrade....Just a thought. Good luck!

Nice!

Safe flying!!

I picked up the Mavic Air (arriving today) mainly due to the better camera and ability to handle wind. Looking forward to the Air! I’m going to sell my Mavic Mini so if anyone is one is interested I’m going to post to classified. It’s basically brand new.

You will really enjoy it. Only criticism I have is that it is much louder in flight.

I just learned how to share Airdata via web. During this flight, I lost total radio & video link with the AC for over 13 minutes. I don’t make it a habit, and it felt like 13 hours.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird