DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ Authorization OK but failed

wilkie647

Reactions
Today I wanted to test fly a replacement M2P in my backyard, which is in a NFZ. Class C airspace and four miles from the airport. I fired up the drone and went through Airmap to obtain authorization. I received FAA authorization to fly (less than 100 feet, less than one hour). Once I received authorization, the NFZ warning went away and said I was good to fly. Before I could start the drone motors, the NFZ warning popped back up and stopped be from flying.

Is this normal with the new regs and LAANC? I was flying under hobbyist, not 107.

If you have a remote pilot license, you must obtain FAA authorization through LAANC before flying in controlled airspace (anywhere outside of Class G). Even with that legal authorization, you will not be able to fly if you're in a GEO zone that needs to be unlocked by DJI. Before you can fly, you need to self unlock or custom unlock if self unlocking is not an option.

It's a bit confusing that you can file a Part 101 flight plan through AirMap to fly in controlled airspace when in fact nothing is submitted to the LAANC system and you will not get an authorization.

LAANC will be available for recreational flights later this year but for now you are restricted to uncontrolled (Class G) airspace or designated RC fields inside controlled airspace.

Thanks for the replys. I was confused because I did receive an authorization via the Airmap system and the Go4 app turned off the NFZ warning for a couple of minutes before resetting back to NFZ.

Thanks for the replys. I was confused because I did receive an authorization via the Airmap system and the Go4 app turned off the NFZ warning for a couple of minutes before resetting back to NFZ.

Did you enter the flight as a Part 107 flight? If not then it will not give you an authorization.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB