DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ Limit - just appeared on controller

Quite true but, we shouldn't expect them to know if they don't fly traditional aircraft, I mean, how could they? The answer is education and this Forum is certainly one of the best places for that. Those who do have pilot licenses can be a great help to those who don't by explaining such things as "localizer minimums" and "final approach fixes."

It is if your OpSpecs require you to remain within one "dot" of the glideslope when cleared for an ILS approach. Clearance for the Localizer however does permit you to descend to the missed approach altitude once inside the Final Approach Fix.

For those who aren't sure what we're talking about, here's an ILS approach plate (ILS approaches are "precision" approaches while Localizer approaches are "non-precision," but both are depicted on the ILS approach plate. As you can see, the height above the ground (or touchdown) for the LOC (GS out) approach is 439' AGL which, as Mavicdrvr stated, can be well below the glideslope. ILS receivers are not cheap so most light aircraft do not have them and consequently, those pilots can only fly the Localizer approach with higher minimums.

But the crux of the situation is, no one should be flying a UAS anywhere along the runway centerline from the Final Approach Fix inbound.

View attachment 72747

Instrument rated pilots are the ideal situation; almost all know the rules and follow them. A bigger problem is VFR pilots trying to sneak back to the airport in deteriorating conditions, flying under the low clouds (scud running) and consistently under the recommended glide slope. I can proudly say I never did this but I have seen others.

Did you ever get a useful answer on how to clear 'NFZ limit' from your remote?
I see a lot of discussion on bigger philosophical issues but no answer to your question.

Touch the X in the upper right hand corner of the warning message.

Or...you can do this...

View attachment 56039

I took off and flew to about 3' AGL to test.

Here's the P4P test:
View attachment 56040

For this test I just spun up the motors without props attached. Occasionally I have jobs in Class C air space. I don't have time to mess with DJI's "permission process," so I just get permission via LAANC and fly unimpeded. I don't need DJI holding my hand or wiping my ***.

D
I'm missing something - what did you end up doing? How does the LAANC permission process work esp. with DJI's software to allow you to fly? Thanks.

Or...you can do this...

View attachment 56039

I took off and flew to about 3' AGL to test.

Here's the P4P test:
View attachment 56040

For this test I just spun up the motors without props attached. Occasionally I have jobs in Class C air space. I don't have time to mess with DJI's "permission process," so I just get permission via LAANC and fly unimpeded. I don't need DJI holding my hand or wiping my ***.

D

WOT

What a small world.... Hows it going SacHeads?

Yeah. You'll think they are too big once you go fly at your favorite place only to find out it is suddenly a NFZ. It makes sense you don't understand. People can't fly inside their own houses because of this unfair bs. You would understand real fast if you woke up one morning unable to take off in your own house or yard.
Yep! i WORK for people with homes under flight paths of one of the most dangerous small airports in the state? these sky tractors (Small aircraft) ruin every sunday morning, with their rubbernecking flyovers, i should be able to fly my AC near their home at a Safe height, ALSO. it seems like it would take a Real Retard to fly in to a Manned AC, (Miles out of VLOS?) Maybe a Casy Neuterstat? (from the Club of the Rich above any law?)

Yep! i WORK for people with homes under flight paths of one of the most dangerous small airports in the state? these sky tractors (Small aircraft) ruin every sunday morning, with their rubbernecking flyovers, i should be able to fly my AC near their home at a Safe height, ALSO. it seems like it would take a Real Retard to fly in to a Manned AC, (Miles out of VLOS?) Maybe a Casy Neuterstat? (from the Club of the Rich above any law?)

Yeah but, despite not wanting to state the obvious, two Wrongs don't make a Right.

Reactions: frank candor
Yeah sure - but always adhering to all of the FAA regulations and NFZ restrictions, right?
1' over a Rain Gutter and the same distance from a Chimney, i'll fly up into Trees for inspections 80' tall, so if i get hit by a Manned AC, it'll be funny.

1' over a Rain Gutter and the same distance from a Chimney, i'll fly up into Trees for inspections 80' tall, so if i get hit by a Manned AC, it'll be funny.

Funny? Seriously? What about the scenario, unlikely as it may be, where you lose control of the drone and it actually does collide with a manned aircraft? If you're illegally operating in an NFZ without authorisation, regardless of what height you're flying at, then you're breaking the law, plain and simple.

But you're still OK with that, right?

Funny? Seriously? What about the scenario, unlikely as it may be, where you lose control of the drone and it actually does collide with a manned aircraft? If you're illegally operating in an NFZ without authorisation, regardless of what height you're flying at, then you're breaking the law, plain and simple.

But you're still OK with that, right?
every other time i fly, i fly in an NFZ, at the Correct height the app prompts me, to (needlessly)
EVERY single time i get on the road in my Work truck and Obey All the Laws I have some Arrogant Aggressive Needle Weiner in some sports car sports bike or sports useless vehicle, running me down, Blowing Stop signs, Sleeping At the the Green lights , then on to blow a Red Light, Park on a Crosswalk While they Wait for the light to turn, these are the real threats in my real world, like an 60 year old cessna flown by some weekend warrior dropping out of the sky is more likely to happen than me causing a MISTAKE (there Are NO accidents) with my toy POS

every other time i fly, i fly in an NFZ, at the Correct height the app prompts me, to (needlessly)
EVERY single time i get on the road in my Work truck and Obey All the Laws I have some Arrogant Aggressive Needle Weiner in some sports car sports bike or sports useless vehicle, running me down, Blowing Stop signs, Sleeping At the the Green lights , then on to blow a Red Light, Park on a Crosswalk While they Wait for the light to turn, these are the real threats in my real world, like an 60 year old cessna flown by some weekend warrior dropping out of the sky is more likely to happen than me causing a MISTAKE (there Are NO accidents) with my toy POS

So nothing of what you've said so far would help when the book is thrown at you. The "everyone else breaks the law" mentality thing of using other peoples' misdeeds as an excuse just doesn't cut it.

So nothing of what you've said so far would help when the book is thrown at you. The "everyone else breaks the law" mentality thing of using other peoples' misdeeds as an excuse just doesn't cut it.
The Best thing for the "hobby" is More Regulations!! MANDATORY Physicals, MANDATORY RANDOM Drug Testing, MANDATORY A.C. INSPECTIONS! Thanks Law Giver!!

Don't worry about My Actions I can take responsibility

The Best thing for the "hobby" is More Regulations!! MANDATORY Physicals, MANDATORY RANDOM Drug Testing, MANDATORY A.C. INSPECTIONS! Thanks Law Giver!!

Don't worry about My Actions I can take responsibility

But you need to understand that the actions of those who would deliberately ignore the regulations end up having an adverse impact on the wider law abiding Drone Flying community. It's not all about You.

Consider all of the stories in the press about rogue Drone operators and their careless misdeeds. This is a big part of what the FAA and all other civil airspace regulators use when formulating the regulatory framework.

Reactions: sar104
MANDATORY RANDOM Drug Testing,

Hoo boy! Now THAT would alter the drone flying world I bet. :)

But I hear ya loud and clear, Frank. Let's make it the same for elected officials while we're at it. (I said that every six months after "mandatory" flight physicals.)

(And NO offense intended, Pete, I also hear you loud and clear.)

I got turned into a NFZ at the house here but still fly all the time.....

Way too small to register with the FAA or do much of any damage. The size also limits LOS distance.
No GPS, no Altitude hold, all manual and no chance of a flyaway. It only goes where I tell it to.
Onboard DVR recording at 1080p 60fps.
This thing is a blast to fly, no restrictions and after flying this, flying DJI (GPS) drones is childsplay.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
People you must consider flying with dedicated phones! I have go4 from last year and don't have to put up with any of this bollox! Once go4 app is on your phone NEVER connect to internet again! Everytime you connect you are telling DJI everything you've done and are currently doing. KEEP WIFI SWITCHED OFF!
This is 100% what I do. I had a MP and always did updates and ended up with new versions that were not as good as the previous as far as distance and less than rock solid stability.

For my MP2 I use a dedicated tablet with no phone service and don't plan on ever updating if I don't have to. I'm not going to do anything illegal and the version I currently have has excellent reach and rock solid reliability. I now live in an area where there are probably 10 airports within 5 miles of my house listed on some of the go fly type of apps. These are all small airports that use crop-dusters and other small planes and if I update now there is a good chance I can't even fly off my backyard where there isn't anything for miles. Screw that.

Young people tend to forget their freedoms and easily give them up to more and more regulation because they were born into them and have no recollection of anything else. To them, more regulation = more safety.

No one over 35 has ever heard the government say I'm here to help and felt anything but a cringe.

For my MP2 I use a dedicated tablet with no phone service and don't plan on ever updating if I don't have to. I'm not going to do anything illegal and the version I currently have has excellent reach and rock solid reliability. I now live in an area where there are probably 10 airports within 5 miles of my house listed on some of the go fly type of apps. These are all small airports that use crop-dusters and other small planes and if I update now there is a good chance I can't even fly off my backyard where there isn't anything for miles. Screw that.

No, it's extremely likely that you will be illegally flying your drone in No Fly Zones. Why do you believe that it' OK to do that? Why is it important for you to be able to "fly off your backyard"?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead